Can a Green Card holder get married while he's living overseas ?

Llokumi_NY

Registered Users (C)

Hello

I have Permanent Resident Status in USA (L.P.R) I have 2 years having this status but now I want to get married.My fiance is overseas and I'll apply with INS to bring her in USA.Usually is going to take 4-5 years until her immigration visa will be available.

My question is:

Can I live with her overseas until the visa will be available and after that we will travel together in USA.So living together and waiting together until the visa will be approved.Is this allowed by USA laws ?
Are these two cases related together or it doesn't matter where does the husband live.
Could you please give me some advices?

Note.
I'll be living outside USA and working for a USA company.Which it means I'll pay my taxes I'll use my USA banks (Credit Cards)/My salary will be deposit directly to my USA checking account from the company that I'll work with. I'll keep a USA home address while I'll be overseas. I'm going to leave the USA, always having a re-entry Permit with me and I'll come back in USA before this Permit will expire.(In one year or 1 and half years )These actions are made to keep my Permanent Status active.

Llokumi_NY said:

Hello

I have Permanent Resident Status in USA (L.P.R) I have 2 years having this status but now I want to get married.My fiance is overseas and I'll apply with INS to bring her in USA.Usually is going to take 4-5 years until her immigration visa will be available.

My question is:

Can I live with her overseas until the visa will be available and after that we will travel together in USA.So living together and waiting together until the visa will be approved.Is this allowed by USA laws ?
Are these two cases related together or it doesn't matter where does the husband live.
Could you please give me some advices?

Note.
I'll be living outside USA and working for a USA company.Which it means I'll pay my taxes I'll use my USA banks (Credit Cards)/My salary will be deposit directly to my USA checking account from the company that I'll work with. I'll keep a USA home address while I'll be overseas. I'm going to leave the USA, always having a re-entry Permit with me and I'll come back in USA before this Permit will expire.(In one year or 1 and half years )These actions are made to keep my Permanent Status active.

so i assume u didnt file a 470??