Calling IIO is useless

Sandy28

Registered Users (C)
I called IIO today. The last time I called IIO was about 6 months back. My I485 is still not approved after waiting for 18 months. It proves again that calling IIO is useless because of their standard answers. If no one calls them any more, they will lose their jobs.... Well, I guess there will always be enough people (like me) to call them to keep their jobs....

Sandy

No Title

I\'m not alone then...
My case: WAC-01-010-XXXXXX ND 10/00, last I heard from my lawyer is that my case was assigned last April 17..

You are not alone

I am still waiting for the outcome of my Motion to Reopen which was filed back in Nov 2001. My application was denied in Sept 01. RD/ND 12/00 and WAC 01-055-XXXXX. The motion to reopen takes 90 days to process and it has been pending for more than 150 days. My attorneys have sent 3 fax inquiries but no news so far.

CALLING INS

Hi All GC seekers,
This morning I called INS CSC and spoke to the IIO.
My I-485 is : WAC-01-277-XXXXX.
The IIO told me that the case is ready to be assigned to an
officer. What does that means? Anybody has had similar experiences
before, please reply.

Thanks

BArora

After doing your FP, the FBI sends the results of FP back to INS. Thereafter, I believe INS does some more agency checks like CIA/Police etc. Once all these checks are done, your case is ready to be assigned to an officer. The case now sits in the pending shelf by ND month, from where it is picked up by an officer. When, no one knows including the IIO.

For example, my case is ready to be assigned since 01.10.02 (all the checks were completed on that day) as per IIO, and my case is still not assigned.
However, as and when your case gets assigned, you can usaully expect to hear from CSC in 2-4 weeks time.

Good Luck,

Soi

That mean all you documents are there.

But ready to be assigned and being assigned is a huge difference. Many of us are ready to be assigned since couple of months but have heard nothing so far.
-Morpheous

Morpheous is right

Even a case has been assigned, good news is not assured to come soon.

In theory, my case had been assigned in June of last year. But ... IIO told me today they will make the decision on my case. I was told
exectly the same thing last Aug when they received my reponse to REF.

It looks like there are still a couple of 01-0xxxx cases pending. Mine is one of them.

No Title

No RFE\'s (hopefully none forthcoming). It\'s just unfortunate that my case just fell out of the loop that it took more than a year before I finally had my FPs taken (11/01).