Calling FBI After Finger Printing

dallasmaverick

I saw a few posts which suggested calling the FBI (15 days after the finger printing) to check whether they processed it.

What is the procedure once finger printing is done. I assume it goes to FBI for verification. What happens after that? What are the steps from FP to Approval?

And when you call the FBI, what do you ask them?

thanks.
dallasmaverick

hi

Generally you should have your A number handy to talk to them. They will tell you that your FP has been cleared and has been sent to the INS. Every thing is computerised (done by INS nebraska) for all the centres and then is available to all the ASCs and also the service centres.
Then you need to call INS to check that they have received it. (I have also read some complaints that FBI has sent it but INS never got it, hence you need to close that loop).
After that have fun and wait, wait, wait for approval.

Look on your EAD card or 485 receipt, You can notice the no with A(letter in front of it) . It is alien registration no.

Thanks for the # Alam... i called them up today and found that it has been completed and sent electronically back to TSC on march 21st 2003. Apparently, that's the day I actually had my FP done. Is that really so damn fast? ofcourse the message doesn't change for my 485 application though...still says processing time is 100000days or so...sorry in future they might actually use that many digits..:) as of now 900-999..

madhav

Mad Par,

I called FBI to inquire about my FP status and they said that they already procesed the FP. As in your case, the date procesed was the same day of my FP. So may be they are fast unlike TSC!!!

For May01: How do you know FP is processed by Nabraska

I called FBI and they told me that they sent my FP to NSC. My FP was done manually by local Police department and they send they physical FP on hard paper to FBI.

I had the same problem with my FP. First her FP also went to NSC and then she received a re-do notice from NSC. Then we went to New Orleans ASC where it was computerzied. Calling FBI for the second time for her FP check, I found out that this time FP was sent to TSC.

It seems to me that all manual FP is sent to NSC and the computerzied one to respective centers.

I know my cases has not been transferred.

Could you throw some light on Nebraska's involvement on FP processing from FBI.

Thanks