Called VSC today October 9th

skn2k

Registered Users (C)
I called VSC today and finally got thru the line after waiting for 20 mins.

Mine is RFE case.

INS received my RFE Response on Sep 26, 2002
And the notice says, it will take 2 weeks to process this kind of case.

As i didnt hear anything in 2 weeks, thought of calling today.

The lady was polite but not that useful.

She said though the notice says 2 weeks some times it exceeds that time line.

Also, as INS was in Audit, there was no movement of files.
Hence received RFE response is still on file yet to be distributed to the officer.

She said that RFE will be distributed to the Officer and i will hear within 30 days. Again, There was no file movement and distribution during audit. So lets count our 2 week from October 8th as file movement started...

RFE was for medicals

Good to hear that.....(hopefully )

Same RD as yours .......
My RFE was for employement letter, W2 and pay stubs........ Have mailed it to the lawyer and they said they have sent it to the INS.....AVM and online status still plays/displays the same msg......:confused:

RFE notice did say these kind of cases take 14 - 60 days.......
but I am not too optimistic about it..........

RD 09/07
RFE 09/19
RFE received 09/27
No updates after that............

EAC-020-33-XXXXX

Thanks for the info........skn2k....

I called IIO

around 12:15PM(10/9)...she told they are processing sep 25th cases. Mine is oct 26th... have to wait:rolleyes:

Sep 24 RD -- RFE Raised

Hi friends !!
Spoke with an IIO Lady officer half hour back to know the status of myself and my wife case. She told both have been issued an RFE (Dont know the details) and in the process of typing the letter and would go out sometime next week.

I am with same company for last 3 years and no address changes. I have given all the required documents to my lawyer at the time of I-485 Filing (like Tax returns, pay stubs, dob certifcates etc).. I dont know the reason for RFE..

Any idea on turn around time after replying to RFE.

Our details:
EAC-02-04*-*****
RD 09/24/2001
ND 11/19/2001
FP End of Feb 2002

Thanks

I have same RD (9/24)

I got RFE, I never changed employer ( so loyal !!!) and gave all docs to lawyer. My RFE was for medical.

RD 9/24/2001
ND 11/15/2001
FP 1/18/2002
RFE 9/19/2002
RFE Received by INS 10/6
AD ?????

jkmad --

How long it took INS to mail the RFE ? Could you give me more details about your Med. RFE.

Thanks

question to tusker75

tusker75 ,
could you tell me how many months pay stubs they asked in your RFE.
Thanks
Mar8

mar8

my RFE notice clearly mentioned last month "earnings statement". I sent pay stubs for august and september to my lawyer.

There have been cases in which upto 6 month pay stubs have been asked for.

Again............Sept filers seem to be "unlucky" .........lots of RFE's for no goddamn reason....:mad:

sajyra:: C'mon man.........it's INS. what turnaround time r u talking about........!!!! RFE notice says 14-60 days for such cases once they (INS) receive the response....After which you can call the VSC number and talk to IIO ...........and you know what that means...........:) .talking to an IIO......"these kind of cases may take 1-2 months".........some stupid ..generalized..........out of the book answer..........