Called today, please explain

Registered Users (C)
I called today, a lady told me that my case is in consolidation. She explains to me that means they are merging my alien file and 485 file together. She said it takes about 2 weeks. The the documents goes to a office, I can not remember the name of the office. The officer will decide if the case needs to be sent to the local office. She said it may take about 1 month.
It looks like I still need to wait for 1 or 2 month.
Does anybody have this kind of situation? Consolidation means they are really processing my case, right? The time taken is really what the lady told me or it may be faster.
Please advise. Appreciate
RD 12/18/01
nd 1/3/02
Fp: 06/24/02

another q

It looks like my FP is late than others
Does this one influence the processing time

I happened to me the same way yesterday. The guy took all my details and said I will hear in about 4 weeks. Could not make head or tail of it. but what the heck...nothing makes sense anyway...

How to call INS (URGENT!!! )

Hello Friends:

I am trying to reach Vermont Center for last 3 days as I have some emergency and I want to talk to officer real badly.

It is always engage tone during business hour time. I have no idea how to reach them.

-Sanjiv

Keep trying non-stop. That's the ONLY way. Once you get connected don't choose the wrong options or else you're back to square one. Assuming you get that right, you still would be put on hold for almost 30 minutes.

I am stating from yesterday's experience: I managed to speak with an IIO. They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed so do not expect miracles from them.

Originally posted by BadKarma

I am stating from yesterday's experience: I managed to speak with an IIO. They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed so do not expect miracles from them.

"Tools" became blunt by continuous HAMMERING by applicants :D:D