Called INS and Talked to an IIO

Iyan

Registered Users (C)
Called INS/IIO around 8.45 this morning to check my status.
RD Sep 24th and ND Nov 16.
The IIO said that INS is processing Sep 1st notice date cases and To approve my case it may take upto Nov 1st week.
Also suggested me to apply for EAD renewal when I asked about EAD.

It is little confusing as the rupnet.com says the cases filed after Sep 24th got approved and IIO say it will take upto November to approve a 24th Sep case.

You have the same RD and ND as mine..

I cannot believe that I have to wait till November for approval..Which state are you from ? I have already applied for EAD renewal and I got the receipt for EAD renewal with RD and ND as 08/15 and 08/16. I haven't checked the status on them yet..Bored to dial 4 EAC #'s (2 485 + 2 EAD including my spouse) on the AVM..Why can't I be one among the early Sept approvals ?? This INS is not doing anything in a fair manner..I really feel bad for those July filers and Aug filers still waiting and I do not want to be in their shoes if I am not approved till November..

The first question you need to ask when you call up an IIO is "How many years have you been working as an IIO ?"

If the answer is "less than 1 year", he probably is a newbie, and ask him to "wish to speak to someone senior". :p

To Roran

Hi,

I also applied for EAD renewal 10 days back , no recipt yet. In how many days , you got your receipt notice.

I paid the fee through Money Order , so I would not know through the "check getting encashed" by which most come to know about some activity in their cases.

Is there any other way I could know any movement in my renewal case, except to just sit and wait. Can I call IIO and find out, but wonder if I would get any status without a EAC no for EAD.

Girish Rajput:

I think number 4) from your list (INS-RD = our-ND)
applies for most of the people and we still see approvals with rd=09/2001 and nd=11/2001

good answer habibi

Originally posted by habibi
The first question you need to ask when you call up an IIO is "How many years have you been working as an IIO ?"

If the answer is "less than 1 year", he probably is a newbie, and ask him to "wish to speak to someone senior". :p