Called IIO.

ric2

Registered Users (C)
Just called an IIO. Not much information is obtained. She said my Sept 4. case is not assigned to officer yet but it should be assigned within 30 days.

She admits that things are slow because thousands pending approvals are required to do security check. She hints things will be faster if this bottleneck is solved.

After this, I joked with her, saying that one needs more luck than qualification to get a green card becasue one\'s case can get stuck anytime in the long long journey. She laughed for quite a while without answer....

That\'s all.

I think

Ric2 - I have observed your postings. Looks like you
have been under lot of stress lately. Just a friendly
advice (& I know it is tough to implement) - try to
release your stress / frustration and think about
things in a positive way. Inner happiness is more
important that all these materialistic things. Please
don\'t take this in a wrong way.

Hey Peter ! ric\'s concern is justified !!

You know why ? ric and I belong to the unfortunate group who have been waiting for 9 months
in 485 stage on top of 8 months of waiting period during 140 process. We are as cool as everybody
else on this board, but we want to express our feelings now and then.

ric ! Let\'s hope to complete our journey by the end of June.

No Title

People who are "successful" partially by luck seldom understand the pain of "loser".

Generally, this kind of \'successful\' people usually mistake their luck for intelligence. They think they are exceptionally smart.

But what can you do? They ARE luckier than you in the things only God can control.

I agree ric !

Luck is what you need. If you would have missed my earlier posts..my case RD: July 16 ND : Aug 29th FP : December 28th, will now be considered an October case because my lawyers check bounced and the payment was received in October. Well i guess patience is the name of the game. I just applied for my EAD renewal as it is expiring August 31st, 2002.

joinedisn

Did you called IIO to check whether your case has been assigned or not, Since your RD is July how can that become October case , though payment was received in Oct , it may be tied to the same RD/ND date, did they generated new notice after encashing the new cheque .

Just Curious .

Take it easy .

A less important good news.

Just get promoted and get a huge jump in salary. At least, this good news will keep me happy for a month and resultantly my last month waiting for GC should be much easier.

Take care, guys.. Poeple lose something here and usually will gain something there. Keeping working hard and please keep your dreams.
You will be rewarded if not so bad luck..

cheers.

No Title

One thing makes me confused. The security check conducted in AOS pending is as the same as the one while PP stamping? INS wanna do twice?

Not only twice.

before any immigration benefit is rendered, security check must be done. For example, you did FP on day x, you do security check.
then your I485 is approved on day x+1, then you do it again.
then your PP is being stamped on X+2, you do it again...

thanks those damn guys.

No Title

Probably the security check done during passport stamping is the for cases which were already approved prior to the installations of the new security system. I guess for all pending cases now onwards the check will be done before the 485 approval. There would be no need to do it again during PP stamping... Just my thoughts.... but its INS guys...so nothing is for sure...

feb140

Here\'s the story. 485/EAD/AP applied RD : July 16th ND : August 29th.
EAD approved Sept 4th and received card sept 10th.

Then the nightmare began..On October 6th i received 6 notices (3 for me 3 for wife.for EAD/AP/485) saying that the payment has bounced and if the payment is not received within 30 days cases will be rejected.

Called the lawyer and he said it was the banks mistake and he has got it fixed. Called AVM and AVM said that payment for filing fee was received. EAD remains approved. Meanwhile seeing July approvals I called the IIO sometime in April and thats when the gentleman told me that my case will now be treated as an October case. All my notices (also FP) have RD: 07/16 ND: 08/29...

As ric said..luck is what you need..no mistake of mine and lost 3 months.

i thot those guys used 2 anyway do full chex 4 green card, rite?

like fbi, cia and local police in ur home country? wot more do they want?