Called IIO this morning

caughtinbetween

Registered Users (C)
Nothing exciting. My case is still pending, and has not
been assigned to officer yet. No other info is available.

PD: 12/22/99, RD: 03/29/00, ND: 04/13/00, FP: 05/30/00,
NIW China.

Caughtinbetween

No Title

My attorney just sent my I-485 based on NIW to TSC yesterday. I am from China too. Have you changed job since you file your NIW I-140? Are you still in TSC area? Thanks.

No Title

TSC is now processing the cases with ND 7-99. So, please be patient. My case: NIW China, PD: 8-98, ND: 11-99, AD:?

No Title

No, I haven\'t changed job. One reason is that I don\'t want
to go through the "working in the same NIW field" thing.

No Title

Is there a big risk for changing job in NIW cases? I filed I-485 three months ago. It could take two years or longer until approved. Do I have to stay in the postdoc position for another two years? It is ridiculous. If one filed without an job offer, why does he/she stay with the "job" (much lower paid) that is not a job? Any inputs are appreciated.

No Title

I changed my job after I filed my NIW with TSC. I am living in CA now. I am also concerned with the job change and I am doing a labor certification with my current employer now just in case. I talked to my NIW attorney and at least two other attorneys. They all told me that I could change job, as long as I was in the same or similar field. I do not know how to define the same or similar field though. One another attorney told me that INS might require a new I-140 since I changed my job, although he also thought the law was clearly in my side. Anyway, if a job offer is waived, how come I have to stay with the same job. They can say you have to stay on the same NIW field or same project though. At least three friends of mine went through the whole NIW thing and changed job during the course (from student to industry, from postdoc to industry, etc.) and had no problem getting I-485 approval (from NSC and VSC). They even did not get any RFE. I have another three friends (two NSC and one VSC) who are in the same situation as me and are waiting now. They all changed job from academic to industry.