Called FBI for name/fingerprint check...

srikanthsiva

Registered Users (C)
I just called FBI and the lady was very sweet and nice. She asked for my A# and said that my fingerprints were checked and results were sent back to INS.

Phone num: 304-6255-5590

If calling, please be very Courteous and dont ask too many questions..

Earlier I called : 202 324 2399, and they said they are no longer entertaining name check/fingerprint request over the phone.

I think you won't get name check/security check results from that number. Yes, the finger print results are sent back to INS, but it doesn't mean that your security check/name check is passed.

My two cents.

Name check done previously

Does it help that I have already undergone the name check/background check when applying for a H-1b Visa stamp in my home country (Malaysia) in Jan 2001? They took 21 business days to do this check.

Hi, How can we verify if our application has passed the security check/name check process?

srikanthsiva:

The FBI fingerprint check should be very fast process, as I just called the FBI CJIS division to verfiy if FBI finger princt check has been completed or not.

The lady asked for the A# for myself and the spouse, I was surprised to know the the check was done and compelted on the very same day as the fingerprinting was done at USICS ASC.

The results were sent to USICS on the same day.

The main hurdle is Name check which is done on biographic data liket DOB , name etc.

-Pearl

I just called the 304 625 5590, my FP was sent to INS on the same day..

For name check we have to send a email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov as srikanthsiva mentioned here and wait for 3-4 months for them to respond about the status. Once it is completed again they will send a response saying that the Name check is completed.

Good luck to all of us..

yuren said:
Actually, u have to wait 5-6 months since they are processing Dec cases.
Yure,

you are right. They are doing DEC cases now. And I reauested my name check on
Dec 27, so, may be few more days to get reply.

Question for srikanthsiva

Hi srikanthsiva,

I have a question for you. My I-140 petition was approved in the same day as yours, May 31, 2005 (see my signature below). I have received (through my employer) only a paper I-140 approval. But the online status still shows pending: “Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on March 3, 2005 ...” (I had no RFI). My I-140 LUD (Last Updated Date) was changed on June 1, 2005, but no change in the message. I think that USCIS online case status information is not working properly.

Could you please share your information? What is your current online status? What is your I-140 LUD?

My message did change

Streamflow said:
Hi srikanthsiva,

I have a question for you. My I-140 petition was approved in the same day as yours, May 31, 2005 (see my signature below). I have received (through my employer) only a paper I-140 approval. But the online status still shows pending: “Your I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER was received on March 3, 2005 ...” (I had no RFI). My I-140 LUD (Last Updated Date) was changed on June 1, 2005, but no change in the message. I think that USCIS online case status information is not working properly.

Could you please share your information? What is your current online status? What is your I-140 LUD?

Hi streamflow, dont worry about the online message. I have seen that sometimes it doesnt change accordingly. Just ignore it for now. FYI: My message did change saying that it was approved but from reading this forum, i have seen many people who have even gotten their greencards without proper changes in their online case status.

Srikanthsiva, thanks for the response. I had a suggestion that something goes wrong with the specific day (June 1, my I-140 LUD). Supposedly, an adjudicating officer at NSC just forgot to update my online case status information after I-140 approval. So, I didn’t receive a ‘magic’ email, just a ‘magic’ paper :)

jkvaishnavi,

Can you please give me format you used to send mail to FBI? I guess I am also stuck in name check & need to send email to them.

Thanks,

jkvaisnavi said:
I just called the 304 625 5590, my FP was sent to INS on the same day..

For name check we have to send a email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov as srikanthsiva mentioned here and wait for 3-4 months for them to respond about the status. Once it is completed again they will send a response saying that the Name check is completed.

Good luck to all of us..

Email: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

There is no format and i don't remember what i typed on that day. you can just say that "We did our FP on ......date and the following are our details,

Primary:
Name, DOB, A#, your Email

Dependant
Name, DOB, A#, your Email

Appreciate if you could let us know the status of the name check"

Also you can call 202 324 2399 to hear the recorded message.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: