Called BCIS

savant123456

Registered Users (C)
I called them today to ask the status of my 140 application
(ND sept 13th 02). They note down my change of address
and said that I should expect an approval in 2 months approx. Acc to the nice lady I spoke with, it typically takes 360 days to process it, those for which approvals come before time are just plain lucky:) ...

I guess there is some more wait in line for me ....

till then ... enjoy life :cool:

Any body get the reply on the enqiures made at 1-800 number ?Lady over told they will respond within a month. Snowbell?

that is the true story

As I had already pointed out I beleive what savant just said is quite true. I am quite positive about the meaning of processing dates though: The date they indicate does not mean they are currently processing those dates. That would mean that they have officers working on the cases till that date.... Any of these 140/485 NDs and all that are purely coincidental... Let us only hope that they speed up the clearing process considering the fact they are nearing the end of the fiscal year... (or whatever that means....)

No reply from BCIS

Tammy,

I called the 1-800 number on 06/10 and for the first time they collected my information and told me that they will send a reques t to VSC and i will be contacted by VSC in 3-4 weeks.

I again called them today, gave them the same information which i gave 20 days and they told me the request will be sent to VSC and i should get an reply in 3-4 weeks.

My EAC starts with 022155*. I have never seen any of our friends' 140 number with this beginning digits in this forum ....

Snowbell

May be we should run some sripts for your date and get what is approval rate for that day. I have checked for my series EAC02202. There are around 90 are still pending wuth recieved /RFE Status. Last motnth 6 cases were approved and 2 RFE generated.

My Case over 360 days Now

Hai,
Look at my case!

I140 -Substitution
RD-5/28/02
VSC- EAC 02200*
RFE-3/6/03-Request for Exp related...
RFE-RD 4/1/03

I too called 800# last week and the guy being very polite took all the details and said, I will hear in 3-4 weeks, not sure as an Email/Mail/Call, anything according to him.

I am really Frustrated guys, 13 months from my Original I140 filing and 90 days from my RFE!!:-(

Really frustrated..... :(

I had filed for I-140 with labor substitution in March 2002, followed by concurrent I-485 and I-765 (ead) in Sept 2002, fingerprinted in Nov 2002.

I have not received any approvals from BCIS even today nor have I received any RFE.

I have been doing a constant follow-up via phone every 30 days and 60 days and 90 days as asked by IIO to check back on the case status. The unfortunate thing is that everytime I call their response is the same.... "wait for 30+ days for a response from INS/BCIS, if you do not hear within this time then call us again".

Last I called in June 2003 and the representative at BCIS took information from me and asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks. When I called them back after 3 weeks, they asked me if I had any pending inquries at BCIS, and I said that I called in June 2003 and the officer took all the information (I'm not sure if this is what they call "inquiry :( ) but I asked me to check in 2-3 weeks. Then the officer said today that there could be no way that you will receive a response in 2-3 weeks... and asked me to wait for 60 days. And even more unfortunate thing was that she said we dont keep track of inquries so she cannot tell if there was any response to my previous inquiry :( ... Now this is what made me frustrated :( How should I now believe if they have a pending inquiry, if they do not keep a track :(

Well, I know when I will call back in Aug 2003 I will hear the same response.... wait wait and wait......

Has anybody in this forum heard back from BCIS/INS about their previous inquiry ? I will appreciate if you could share your case on the inquiry.

Hi all

here are a few things that can be done.(rather the things I have done). My 2 cents.

1)
Walk into ur local BCIS office and at the information counter select the applications check box for 140, 765, ead ap etc in the form that the give you and ask the person to give you the status . this way you will get to know if an officer has been assigned to ur case or if the file is missing or has moved for whatever reasons or any pending sec. check etc.

2) ask your attonery to start an AILA Liason process where one attorney from your side talks to a BCIS officer on a regular schedule regarding your case only. If an officer has been assigned to your case the BCIS will ask your lawyer to file a written inquiry for which the BCIS has to give a written reply within 3 -4 weeks. This is the current state I am in as this is my 4th week.( hoe they do not send me the online message back in the written reply. Then BAD LUCK KHARAB HAI)

If the officer has not yet been assigned to your case either an officer is assigned then or atleast they have to give your lawyer the actual reason.

P.S: I am not a lawyer and am currently working on I140 waiting for almost 400 days at NSC EB2.

Hi High5,

I happen to browse through VSC forum eventhough I filed in TSC. I got reply from TSC 2 weeks after calling BCIS. I am not sure about VSC but TSC replies for the queries. Here is what happened with my case.

Here are my details with TSC.

I140 Labor Sub. --- RD - 06/28/02 ND - 07/01/02
I485, I765 & I131 for me & my wife --- RD 10/24/02, ND - 10/28/02.

I didn't get any RFE or approval for any of my petition. I called TSC number on 05/27/03 and the IIO told me that my I140 was assigned to officer on 05/22/03 and when I asked about my EAD, he said it is also assigned to the same officer on 05/22/03.

I called the National Customer Service Center on June 6, 2003 and June 11, 2003 & made the satus inquiry on me & my wife's I-131 and my wife's EAD. They took all my information and said that they will make inquiry to TSC electronically and I can expect reply in 3 to 4 weeks. Since my I140 is pending less than 1 year, they asked me to call me after 1 year and then only they can make status inquiry (the online status and AVM says 275 to 300 days to process).

On 06/20/03 I got 3 mails by post mailed on 06/17/03 from TSC. For me & my wife's I-131 reply states the following: "The status of this service request is: a request for additional information or documents on the I-140 was miled to you, and the I-131 is pending until the request for evidence is received". Both the cases say the Officer no.A. It didn't say when RFE was sent.

For the reply for the EAD for my wife, the reply states the following: "The status of this service request is: Pending with an officer as of 05/22/03". This letter states the Officer no.B.

When I checked the online and AVM for my I-140, it still says the same old pending message of 275 to 300 days. When I sent an email to attorney, he said he didn't receive any RFE from INS. There is one more thing in this. My employer changed the address in January 2003 and I am not sure whether INS sent the RFE to old address. My attorney sent a letter to BCIS last week along with the copy of reply asking if any RFE was issued and if so, to send it to him. I am waiting to see what is going to happen.

rrk

rrk,

When I spoke to BCIS, they mentioned that in case of change of address you need to do two things:

1. File form AR-11.
2. Call in at the 800 number and change the address for all pending applications.

She said that even though AR-11 is the official change of address form that change does not reflect in the pending applications. Failing to do so will result in sending an RFE to wrong address.
Maybe that is what happened in your case.

-Savant

Hai,
Look at my case too!

I140 -Substitution
RD-5/30/02
VSC- EAC 022025*
Sept 02 - 485 Filing
FP - November 02
EAD - December 02

I too called 800# last week and the guy being very polite took all the details and said, I will hear in one month

I am really Frustrated guys, 13+ months from my Original I140 filing !!:-(

me_too_waiting

Hey man

We both are having same EAC series Mine is also EAC02025XXXX
Around 80 case are left in this series. In whole June 2003 they approved 5 cases and 2 rfe. One case was approved on first of july . Let us see what is happening

Waqtwaqtkibaat-What's the response?

Hey Waqtwaqtkibaat

Did you hear any response from the BCIS?
Is your lawyer following the process of AILA..as you mentioned?
How is it responding? if this is +ve, than maybe, I will initiate with my lawyers too!
Mine too is nearing 400 days from original I140

I140-RD 5/28/02
RFE-6/3/03
RFE-RD-4/1/03
Waiting since than!
VSC-EAC 02200*

It's really frustrating man, I hope they are working on the RFEs.

As far as I have heard and seen, they are supposed to clear RFE's in 30-60 days, and mine over 90 days

I have spoken to NSC, once, about 2 weeks ago and she took all my details and said, I would recieve something in writing in 30 days time, but now, I am not sure about this, as if the concerned SCs start responding to such querries, which I believe would come in 1000s in a month's time, as everyone will be calling, they will spend half of the time responding to such mails, than do their regular work!!

Guys, what do you say?
SNOWBELL-pl comment, my friend!

Murphy!

murphy my buddy!

You are senior to me! I will be completing 400 days soon! I couldn't control my smile when i read that 485 will be cleared after 180 days.... BCIS guys don't care about 140 cases that are pending for over a year and talking about 485 approvals... What is the use of PDs. AC-21 is a farce. When all the deserving candidates are experiencing layoffs, paycuts and other humiliations the employers are enjoying our dilemma....

hey snowbell:)

Snowbell,
Aja, Aja, 400 days tak Aja!!
I did not mean to joke, but this indeed is a frustrated joke for all of us-right?
:)
Even, I cannot believe that, I actually logged onto the Murthy.com Chatforum and saw that myself too, am surprised, maybe we all should hope things would get better, and maybe we request Murthy to present our I140 cases with the INS and get our cases rolling!

How about we all send a request to them?
Also, Mr.Rajiv Khanna was to file a petition on this-any updates?

Murphy

Guys

It is about revocation of I-140. Do not read any thing extra to it. It is old INS. just changed its name. I am June 8 - 2002 filer. I spoke with INS/BCIS 4 to 5 times. My Attorney (yes it is Sheela Murthy) enquired 3 times no response. They always say you should get it within a month

I-140 Approved

Got my I-140 Approved today July 15 2003. ND was Sept 13 2002. GOt EAD and AP. Applied I-485 concurrent on Oct 8 2003. Still not got the finger printing..

Congrats

Hey brazilian,

First of all congrats !!! ... my ND are so close to yours that
I am excited too !!

140 ND - Sept 13th
485 ND - Oct 11th

Hoping to get an approval soon. BTW it is strnage that you did not get a FP notification. Is it possible that it may have been lost in the mail? I got mine back in Nov 2002.

-Savant

Did anyone call BCIS after 4 weeks

I called BCIS for the first time on June 10th and again on June 20th. I was told that i will should get a reply from the processing center within 3-4 weeks. But, i haven't gotten yet. I am planning to call them again this month-end. Meanwhile, i am going to apply for EAD/AP extension, soon. Will the extension of EAD/AP get delayed because of the pending I-140? Any thoughts?