Call them now if approved but no card yet

picky

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

If your I-485 is approved for more than 30 days and you have not recieved even the welcome notice you need to call them.

Have your I-485 approval letter in hand, call immediately on 1-800-375-5283. Follow the prompts and you will be connnected to a service rep(after a long wait) tell your case to the officer and if everything is OK (if you have not moved to a new adddress(s) in the past few years, etc) your application should be expedited.

I'll tell you my experience about the call I made yesterday:
Mine & my wife's I-485 got approved in end-of-Jan-2006 and after that there was no activity. Out of frustration, I called the above number and waited for 15-20 minutes before a cust service rep came on line. I told her my case and she asked me to hold while she forwarded my call to an immigration officer. So I was on hold for another 35-40 minutes when the officer came online. I narrated my case. he first asked me two questions: 1. have you moved since you filed. I said no. 2. Is your name clearly visible on the mailbox when the postman delivers mail. Said yes to this ( & put a label of my last name on my mail box after the call ) Then he opened my case and after verification, he worked on it and after 5 minutes he told me that he has forwarded our applications and I should expect my card within 30 days. so lets see when they come.

so approved folks, call them asap and keep your fingers crossed.
Good Luck

Its funny that on the approval letter they say - call after 90 days if you have not recieved the card.
On their website they say - call after 60 days and
On the phone prompts they say - call after 30 days if you have not recieved the welcome notice.

picky said:
Friends,

If your I-485 is approved for more than 30 days and you have not recieved even the welcome notice you need to call them.

Have your I-485 approval letter in hand, call immediately on 1-800-375-5283. Follow the prompts and you will be connnected to a service rep(after a long wait) tell your case to the officer and if everything is OK (if you have not moved to a new adddress(s) in the past few years, etc) your application should be expedited.

I'll tell you my experience about the call I made yesterday:
Mine & my wife's I-485 got approved in end-of-Jan-2006 and after that there was no activity. Out of frustration, I called the above number and waited for 15-20 minutes before a cust service rep came on line. I told her my case and she asked me to hold while she forwarded my call to an immigration officer. So I was on hold for another 35-40 minutes when the officer came online. I narrated my case. he first asked me two questions: 1. have you moved since you filed. I said no. 2. Is your name clearly visible on the mailbox when the postman delivers mail. Said yes to this ( & put a label of my last name on my mail box after the call ) Then he opened my case and after verification, he worked on it and after 5 minutes he told me that he has forwarded our applications and I should expect my card within 30 days. so lets see when they come.

so approved folks, call them asap and keep your fingers crossed.
Good Luck

Its funny that on the approval letter they say - call after 90 days if you have not recieved the card.
On their website they say - call after 60 days and
On the phone prompts they say - call after 30 days if you have not recieved the welcome notice.

Called on March 17th & had the same experience except I was not forwarded to a IO at NSC where my 485 was approved but customer service rep got all my info & said he's going to forward that as an inquiry to NSC & it's very unlikely but if I don't receive anything next 30 days call them back. Lets see what happens next. By the way I was approved on Feb 9th & received the approval notice on Feb 14th but since than no Welcome Notice nor the plastic.
Atique.