Californian Approved 4 Long Years

californian

Registered Users (C)
Finally, after waiting for 2.5 years after filing for 485 and 1.5 years after RFE, my case was approved yesterday, 26-FEB-04.
My My, it was a nerve wracking roller coaster ride and I am glad it is finally over. My only wish is that everyone in the waiting list get approved ASAP, w/o going through the ordeal that I went through.

Thanks to everyone for their supprt.

PD - 9/16/01
RD - 10/1/01
FP - Apr 2002
RFE - Aug 2002
Approval - 2/26/04

Thanks,
Californian

Congratsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Congratulations Kangaroo relations!!! Californian

Have Fun, Enjoy.

Folks, cases similar to this are possibly the reason why the dates will never move, what I mean is CSC despite showing a date of 11/16/01 for 1 year 12/16/01 for almost a year are still processing files before those dates.

I guess their first priority is to clear off all the backlogs as of 12.16.01 before even thinking of us all.

We can only hope that our efforts like lawsuit, contacting senators, congressmen/women and whoever else that could make a difference bear fruits and we all get to have the GC.

Cheers

Californian - congratulations !! thats great.. Good for you.

Please let us know what the deal was that had it delay 1.5 years after RFE. I have a vested interest in knowing that since my case has already taken 4 months after rfe and there's some sort of addn'l security check going on.

if i know my case is going to take 1.5 years i can probably plan life better :)

Thanks.

Congrats again

Details on my RFE

Hi Ghost Rider -

RFE was requested and responded during Aug 2002. After that , they did not ask for anything and I did not hear anything.

About 45 days ago, my lawyer placed an enquiry with INS. In response INS sent a letter to me saying that my file is off-site and that it had to be re-ordered back to CSC and then take a decision.

No one, including my lawyer did not have a clue about what "off-site: meant. SO I was really concerned after receiving the letter. But, fortunately the case was approved.

Hope this helps,
Siva

Originally posted by californian
Hi Ghost Rider -

RFE was requested and responded during Aug 2002. After that , they did not ask for anything and I did not hear anything.

About 45 days ago, my lawyer placed an enquiry with INS. In response INS sent a letter to me saying that my file is off-site and that it had to be re-ordered back to CSC and then take a decision.

No one, including my lawyer did not have a clue about what "off-site: meant. SO I was really concerned after receiving the letter. But, fortunately the case was approved.

Hope this helps,
Siva

Congrats!!

I hope I am not in the similar situation "off-site". I responded to my RFE in July 2003.

-wac02042