California SF INS timeline for marriage-based I-485/I-130/EAD/AP

luckysunny

Could anybody share your experience during the long wait for AOS approval?

I filed I-485/I-130/EAD/AP in person on June 26, 2002 in San Francisco INS and up to now only got the AP, check receipt. Still waiting for finger print and interview. I don't know how long it will take for me to get the conditional GC.

I have another question: I didn't get the Notice letter from INS yet, so i don't know what phone number should I check with to get my application status information. Can anybody point out a way how to check the status?

Your help is highly appreciated.
sunny

I filed everything (except AP) at the same office in person on June 13, 2002. I got my EAD on the same day. I haven't received any notice from them either as of today. It takes between 152-213 days for this type of approval according to immigration.com and other online resources. You can call 800-375-5283 to talk to a live agent.

I got my I-130 approved at CSC in 4 months. I applied for AOS at the San Jose office. Got receipt in 10 days. Went and got EAD today. They are giving it same day if you have relative based I-485 receipt.

Hi Diavon,
Can you please clarify on your filing of I130 in CSC and I-485. I am a LPR but not a US citizen. I got married recently after i received my LPR and my wife does not have her green card. To start the Green Card Process for her, i understand that i have to file I-130. I believe that afterwards we have to wait till a visa number becomes available before we file for i-485. Lot of the websites seem to suggest that it takes several years(5-6) for this to become available. How did you file I-485 so soon. I guess i am missing something. Appreicate your response in this regard.

Thanks.
ysr100.

I- 130/129F

YSR100

go to ins.usdoj.gov

start with your I-130 then to file a 129F after that.
the 129F will dramatically speed up the process and bring it down from YEARS to Months....

Good Luck

Hi stressedCanadia,
Can you please let me know what are the conditions required to apply for I129F. Should i have filed I130 3 years ago, or should i be a US citizen. I am not an US citizen. Thanks for your help.

I was reading about I-129F:

This form is used to petition to bring your fiancé(e) and that person's children to the United States for marriage to you or to bring your spouse and that person's children (K-3 and K-4 visas, respectively) to the United States to complete processing for permanent resident status (under the LIFE Act and Amendments of 2000); please see section 12 of the Instructions to the form..

Be the spouse of a U.S. citizen;
Have a Form I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) filed on his/her behalf by his/her U.S. citizen spouse, that is pending;
Have a Form I-129F (Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)) completed and submitted on his/her behalf by his/her U.S. citizen spouse to:

Regards,
YSR100.