+++++ Calculating Dates...what matters: Rec’d Date vs Notice Date:

e17345

Registered Users (C)
When trying to figure out when to expect my EOD/AP/etc...should I use the CIS' "Recieved Date" or "Notice Date" (they are off by a month).

For example, if the CIS says that it takes 30 - 60 days to process somthing, do they mean begining on when htey received it or gave a notice?

Thanks! :confused:

e17345 said:
When trying to figure out when to expect my EOD/AP/etc...should I use the CIS' "Recieved Date" or "Notice Date" (they are off by a month).

For example, if the CIS says that it takes 30 - 60 days to process somthing, do they mean begining on when htey received it or gave a notice?

Thanks! :confused:
On INS website, they use Receipt Dates to show the processing dates. So I would say count from your Receipt Dates.

For processing times, one ought to use the (Receipt) Notice Date. However, for interim EAD one has to use the Received Date, which is the filing date. Hope that helps.

So if my I-485 (Marriage based - so no quotas and all should be current) receipt date is now 50 days earlier than the processing date on the website for my local processing office and I have not got a notice for interview yet, what does that mean? That my application is stuck in some other process or hassle? It says on the page that if the processing date is greater than 30 days of your receipt date and you have not got any kind of notice, etc, then to call a national customer number. Is that just a rough guideline or do I need to start worrying about it??

Thanks,
P.S.~ Sorry to deviate from the main thread.....

jac2005 said:
So if my I-485 (Marriage based - so no quotas and all should be current) receipt date is now 50 days earlier than the processing date on the website for my local processing office and I have not got a notice for interview yet, what does that mean? That my application is stuck in some other process or hassle? It says on the page that if the processing date is greater than 30 days of your receipt date and you have not got any kind of notice, etc, then to call a national customer number. Is that just a rough guideline or do I need to start worrying about it??

Thanks,
P.S.~ Sorry to deviate from the main thread.....
If the online processing dates have passed your receipt date, and you have not received an interview letter, you should start worring and calling/visiting INS.

amishah said:
If the online processing dates have passed your receipt date, and you have not received an interview letter, you should start worring and calling/visiting INS.

Do you think its stuck in Name check procedures? Also do they respond to queries on their customer service number or should I start contacting my congressman?

jac2005 said:
Do you think its stuck in Name check procedures?
That is what you need to find out now.
jac2005 said:
Also do they respond to queries on their customer service number or should I start contacting my congressman?
Tha
Calling the 800# to ask about your case is useless. Before you contact your congressman, try to find out what is holding up your application. Visit your local DO and ask them. Once you find the obstacle, ask your congressman to work on it.