requirement, thereby helping me qualify for EB2. Can one of you please clarify
if this is possible?

santex24 said:
Hi folks,
I would like to know whether a "business analyst" title with matching
job duties will be a strong case to file under PERM with a Master's degree
requirement, thereby helping me qualify for EB2. Can one of you please clarify
if this is possible?

There is no title of "Business Analyst" under the O*NET and other titles like Systems Analyst, Market Research Analyst & Budget Analyst fall under Job Zone 4 which does not qualifty for EB-2 in normal circumstances. So it is safe to assume that Business Analyst will also not qualify for EB-2. Still it could be presented as a business necessity to file your case in EB-2. But in that situation your case will automatically go in to audit and it will take much longer time to process.

Interestingly there are titles like "Buss Driver" & "Baker" but not "Business Analyst".

It is a good idea for your to research the O*net site to find any other title which would work for your and falls under EB-2. For that it has to be in job zone 5 with SVP of 8 and above. visit www.onetcenter.org

Good Luck.

Do chem engineers come under eb2-SVP Range (8.0 and above)

17-2041.00 - Chemical Engineers

Title Job Zone Five: Extensive Preparation Needed

Overall Experience Extensive skill, knowledge, and experience are needed for these occupations. Many require more than five years of experience. For example, surgeons must complete four years of college and an additional five to seven years of specialized medical training to be able to do their job.

Job Training Employees may need some on-the-job training, but most of these occupations assume that the person will already have the required skills, knowledge, work-related experience, and/or training.

Job Zone Examples These occupations often involve coordinating, training, supervising, or managing the activities of others to accomplish goals. Very advanced communication and organizational skills are required. Examples include athletic trainers, lawyers, managing editors, phyicists, social psychologists, and surgeons.

SVP Range (8.0 and above)

pani_6 said:
17-2041.00 - Chemical Engineers

Title Job Zone Five: Extensive Preparation Needed

Overall Experience Extensive skill, knowledge, and experience are needed for these occupations. Many require more than five years of experience. For example, surgeons must complete four years of college and an additional five to seven years of specialized medical training to be able to do their job.

Job Training Employees may need some on-the-job training, but most of these occupations assume that the person will already have the required skills, knowledge, work-related experience, and/or training.

Job Zone Examples These occupations often involve coordinating, training, supervising, or managing the activities of others to accomplish goals. Very advanced communication and organizational skills are required. Examples include athletic trainers, lawyers, managing editors, phyicists, social psychologists, and surgeons.

SVP Range (8.0 and above)

Yes this one can qualify for EB-2

But the salary is much higher than most employers are willing to offer.

There is another one: materials engineer (17-2131). Surprisingly, most of the managerial positions I checked are in zone 4.

APD said:
Yes this one can qualify for EB-2

meg_z said:
There is another one: materials engineer (17-2131). Surprisingly, most of the managerial positions I checked are in zone 4.

Interestingly "Sales Engineer" is in Job Zone 5 and "Sales Manager" is in Job Zone 4. These guys are crazy. They don't know what they are doing. PERM is just another gimmic of the administration.