BS not in the field LC requires, but MS is

iulkcg

Registered Users (C)
Hello.

I am ready to file I-140 now, my LC requires BS in computer science or related field and 6month experience. The problem is that my BS is not in computer science or related, but my Master degree is.

Question:

Will it be fine if only include MS degree when filing EB3 I-140, not BS degree? Or file both degrees, even if BS is not in the field as required by LC.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

one possibilty...

one possibility is that you could include an "academic equivalency evaluation" along with your i140 app from one of the many academic evaluation agencies which state, in effect, that given your professional experience as well as graduate degree in the relevent field makes you completely qualified for the job requirements, even if your undergraduate degree is not in the exact same field.

this is what my lawyer did for me: i have a BS in mechanical engineering from a foreign university, but since i have worked as an IT professional from day one, he had this kind of an evaluation prepared for me, and both my LC and i140 were approved. and i don't even have a master's degree.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that this was simply my experience; i am neither a lawyer nor an immigration expert, and the above should not be construed as legal advice or recommendation. please consult a qualified immigration attorney before making any decision.