BS = B.com + M.com from same university (Education equivalency)

Leo1968

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I read in 140 Apeal forums that NSC is sending I140 RFE's on EB3 cases who dont have single 4 year BS degree. Is this true for most of the cases?

I'm B.com (10 plus 2 = shcool+ 2 University system), M.com, CA and I'm also US CPA from state board of accountany.

I would like to invite comments from folks who are in the same boat or master in employment based immigration issue.

Where can I find the list of good immigration lawyers in US for second opinion on my case?

Thanks for your advise.

Originally posted by naggi
Here's my 2 cents
The Law is simple:
I recollect from a transcript of an interview (of a BCIS spokesperson) at Murthy's site.
It stated that, they go STRICTLY by what is mentioned during the labor certifications, I mean, if the labor certification says
"BS Computer Science or EQUIVALENT":
Then the BSIC *STRICTLY* looks for qualifications that are BS in Comp Science , and even if I were a BS (from foreign university of course) in say Robotics/Parallel Processing , they would raise their eye brows and try to check if I am equivalent to a BS in *Computer Science*.

Having said that, most H1-B sponsoring companies ( at least the new ones) are a little inexperienced and they put the exact (ideal) qualifications during labor clearance.
They should instead generalize the qualifications and get the LC as BS/BA or equivilant; ideally if I were a Masters in Philosophy (Say!) then they should set the job description as BS/MS in ANY field + qualifications in computers...bla...bla...bla.
So, in this case the LC would have proved that you match the job qualifications.

Get in touch with your boss (CEO) or company’s lawyer and talk to him if this could have been the case.

Hope this helps and I would like to wish you the best.
Naggi