brothers GC application ---returned mail

Aug22_01

Registered Users (C)
Guys...
My uncle had applied to for his brother (dad) for GC 15 years ago.. i just got his receipt number and got the following message (read below). The address has always been the same.... but anyway... is the application still valid? I am in the process of calling BCIS but wanted to get your opinion on the next course.. ofcourse I will verify the address and correct it accordingly... do i hier a lawyer.. ?

regards....

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN
Current Status:
On October 20, 2005, the card or document we had mailed to the applicant was returned by the post office as undeliverable. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

This means the USPS screwed up for some reason or the USCIS did. I would call them up and update the address anyway. On top of that, it maybe useful to make an infopass appointment to go in and find out what the actual status of the application is.

Nathan is abs right - one of these two agencies screwed up. In addition to making an infopass appt with USCIS, I would also go to my USPS office and notify them about this.