Bringing spouce with green card

sadshuk

If some one has green Card and want to get married. How can that person bring spouce from India to US without any waiting period? If any kind of visa is available...like fiancee visa? how long it will take spouce to come to US..please help.

As a permanent resident you can file an I-130 petition for alien relative to bring your spouse in the U.S. now the only problem is that it has a wait time of 3-5 years before such a petition is approved.

After this petition has been filed your spouse cannot enter the U.S on any visa. You could probably have your spouse apply for an H-1B or a student visa on her own (before you file the I-130).

Only US Citizens can petition for a fiance visa for their spouse.
How close are you to getting your citizenship??

I am sorry but there is not much a PR can do when it comes to sponcering any one.
Hope this helps.

New information.

I am in the same boat. My GC has approved two days back but the marriage is on November. Rightnow, I have a only two options to bring my spouse either in H1B/Student visa. I am trying for H1B, but it seems too many new documents and spouse has to be in job at USA always with the pay(means no bench), etc., Just after reading your mail only, came to know that once I130 applied, I can't able to bring her, so before that H1B/F1 has to do for her. Thanks for details. Can any one knows how to do H1B in premium processing? How long will it take?
Thanks,rs

I am not sure if the fact that H1/F1 should be there prior to applying I-130 is true.

What if the spouse is on H1. Then I-130 has been applied and then the spouse gets laid off. Does that mean you can never apply for H1/F1 again.

Can you please provide pointers to any documents regarding this.

Thanks.