Breaking News! Approval for all I-485 pending for more than 180 days!

longGC

Registered Users (C)
It is hard to believe but yesterday I read from Murthy.com chat that there is a rule coming this Friday to approve all I-485 cases pending for more than 180 days.

I am posting the question and answer verbatim. The question was,

"Hi Ms. Murthy, Is there a chance that BCIS Headquarters will issue a rule stating that a person with I-485 pending for over 180 days should obtain the I-485 approval? Thanks"

When this question was asked on the chat room, I thought that that could be an ideal situation any GC aspirant would hope for. It was hard to believe that Attorney Murthy answered YES!!!

"Yes, I personally spoke with Efren Hernandez last week; he promised me that the BCIS will release such a Memo by this Friday, July 11, 2003. I expect something to be released in about a week or two. The Memo or guidance will require BCIS to issue an approval of the I-485 if the I-140 has been approved and the I-485 has been pending in excess of 180 days".

Guys, please find out in depth about this upcoming rule and how it is going to change our life. The more you find and put on this board, the more it will be helpful. Your comments, positive AS WELL AS negative are very important.

At last the world is changing!

longGC,

Thank you for sharing the good news. I can't wait to see that memo. What a way to start the day!!!

Good luck to all of us,
Lahari

Great news!

longGC, you have made my day. Certainly hope this is true and will be implemented soon.

Within how many days to approve? This is the question I am concerned. If they take 12 more months to approve, what's the need for any such memo? They anyway approve almost all I-485 (unless I-140 is withdrawn) irrespective of how long they remain pending. Let's wait for the memo. In this great country of abundant opportunities, fine prints are usually more important!!

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Does this mean No RFE's and No 2nd FP's. If they are going to automatically give GC's after 180 days and I140 approval then they will have to issue RFE's before the expiry of 180 day period.

RDMAr02,
Yesterday's[Monday's] chat of Murthy isn't on her site yet..
Check back tomorrow for 7/7/03 chat date..

Can't believe until it happens. . .
As some one referred, we are missing the fine print here, I believe.

The question is how will they do it . Hire more folks , improve systems .
It is the system and the great folks at BCIS, that need to work faster and be more effective . Until that is done this is what we will be seeing all through .

-sai (sigh)

If this really happens, I think I might someday become the president :)

Anything is possible!

wake up! No dream anymore!!

With so much backlog, Murphy gets approvals in 180 days???

I even doubt that lawyer is really nutts! He always spreads such kind of news to encourage more customers to come to him.

You guys are just too anxious for the approval. Shame on you!!

Hope this is true

Now even if this were to happen, I dont think the approval will be "automatic". Considering the workload, backlog and security concerns, I dont think they will blindly issue approvals. It could be that they will give priority to these cases but since almost all applications take > 6 months I am not sure how this will be relevant. So dont count your chickens before they hatch and I would buy heating company stocks if this becomes a law ;)

Members like Cole can sign a petition and forward to BCIS that don't care for I-485 approval, so that others who care for that gets higher priority!!!!!!!!!!

Last week, Ms.Murthy mentioned that there is a chance of this rule, now she confirmed the same.

How can. what if the 485 application is going to be denied. According to this, any application will be approved, which doesn't make sense.

However, it could be like this, if it's pending for 180 days, not matter if you're employeed or not, as long as security check passed, then your case will be approved. That will be nice!

i believe it is for concurrent filing..

wordings somewhat indicate she might be indicating concurrent filing and AC21 rule...

We certainly hope this will actually happen. But utill then I won't be too excited about this...as some pointed out there are so so so many I-485 cases pending for more than 6 months, how are they gonna implement this? You'll be very disappointed if you expect anything, especially great thing like this one, from BCIS(INS). We all should be very happy if they'd issue approvals for those pending more than 12, 16 or 18 months...

there is no way this is true. Otherwise why VSC send out so many RFEs. If it's automatic approval, then no RFE is needed. Yet they send out RFE.
plus. How do they now you have worked for 180 days for the company sponsor you.

They should start with those who have been waiting for more than 18 months (540 days as stated in the Receipt Notice).

In addition, think about the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG line for stamping the passports if they were to automatically approve any I-485 that have been pending more than 180 days at once!

Originally posted by dengdeng
there is no way this is true. Otherwise why VSC send out so many RFEs. If it's automatic approval, then no RFE is needed. Yet they send out RFE.
plus. How do they now you have worked for 180 days for the company sponsor you.

By sending RFE :p

On a serious note : I think they will approve older cases only after secuirty checks.