Boycott Travelling through UK - AP Travelers

sam012007

Registered Users (C)
This is because UK Govt. put the extra restrictions for Indian nationals to get the DATV (Travel Visa), if travelling on AP.

Who supports me?

Dude, what will people who already purchased the ticket do, it is better to pay $67 than to lose $250, I am against the fee but Indians are also the one to blame, I am pretty sure that maximum defaulters were from Punjab and Gujrat.

The right thing would be to start charging snobbish Brits for the visa when coming to India as I heard that they don't require a visa.

I also believe that this is more 'money making' business than people abusing the transit.

Dude,

Calm down. It's not only for Indian Nationals. It's for Nationals belonging to a whole slew of countries.

Plus I would rather pay a little extra (sure it's a pain applying and waiting etc.) for the DATV so I can walk into an airport with a bit more assurance of not having my self blasted out of this world due to some illegaly planted ammunitions.

I know it provides no guarantee of safety but at least they are trying to contain who travels through their airports in some ways.

Furthermore - flights are available via other countries in case one is interested.

Just my opinion.

Plus I would rather pay a little extra (sure it's a pain applying and waiting etc.) for the DATV so I can walk into an airport with a bit more assurance of not having my self blasted out of this world due to some illegaly planted ammunitions.
If the Transit Visa fee is being collected to improve the security then it should be universal for all countries and all Visa statuses including citizens of UK. This is nothing but racism.

I vote for boycott travel through UK.

Utimately, money and business lobbying wins. You need not call for people to boycott travel through UK. Travellers would find the hassles of getting the transit visa unworthy for traveling through UK. This reduces the amount of travelers through UK which will make them lose money. Then the airlines lobby the UK Govt. to lift the visa restrictions.

Can one travel through UK if he/she has an unexpired B1/B2?

I got a 5yr Multiple entry B1 visa for interviews. Then got hired, went back and got H1 and came back on H1. Now H1 has ran out and am on EAD and also have AP + still have one year on B1 visa.

Do I need that transit visa?

u bet

You need a DATV if you do not have a valid visa stamp in your passport. I read this in a post on "485 issues in NSC" that this has been confirmed by British consulate in LA.

I am also on AP+EAD and am travelling to India via London in 3 weeks. I just sent in my paperwork for DATV to British embassy in New York.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Required paper work?

Rajma,

What are the papers required for this and where we need to mail this.

Thanks

here are the details

Check www.britainvisa.com and go under Visas. I completed by "Fasttrack" online application and paid by credit card. Then I sent the following document using Fedex :

1) Print out of Completed Application
2) Passport (original)
3) AP document (original)
4) 1 passport size photograph
5) Itinerary from my travel agent.
6) Covering letter

The website actually asks you to send the tickets I some people in this forum had mentioned that sending itinerary is sufficient.

Hope this helps