tarunr

Registered Users (C)
Any Bostonians on this board. Please post your timelines

Mine

RD - 05/21
FP - 07/21
Interview - ??

Hi Solasoy

How did your interview go ? What is the next step ? Did you got your oath letter after interview or do they send it on another day ? One of my friends wife attended on 26th and she got her immediatly. Appreciate if you can share your interview experience.

arran_hope,

My interview did not at all go like I expected. As you rightly pointed out, the normal practice at the Boston DO is to receive your oath letter immediatly after the interview. All of the folks who interviewed with me have their oath ceremony scheduled for September 21 at Fanueil Hall. Sadly this was not the case for me. I arrived for the interview quite early and the interview itself was flawless. All the questions were quite straightforward and I provided all the requested documentation. I was however informed that while I passed the citzenship test, a final decision on my application would have to be put on hold because my file from when I was a student was still open and they needed to reconcile some information.

Dont ask me exactly what this means cos' I dont know and the immigration officer was not forth-coming. To the best of my knowledge, I dont have any issues from the 5+ years I was on an F-1 visa. I was never out-of status for even 1 day of my 11 years here. Just goes to shoe that you can never really take anything for granted when it comes to the USCIS. Meanwhile, I am supposed to wait for correspondence (90-120 days) from USCIS for the final determination.

While I am very dissapointed and frustrated, I am confident that things will be resolved in my favor.

solasoy