Boston Stamping Experience

bon bon

Registered Users (C)
It was such a breeze. The Boston INS is in the JFK building. The only entrance is in the front as they have closed all other entrances for public due to security concerns. We took the Orance line to the Haymarket Stop. This is the best way to get there (or take the Green line to Haymarket stop) as street parking is tough to get and the parking in Government Center garage is very expensive. The JFK building is right in front of the Haymarket station, across the street. We reached there around 7:20 AM in room E160 and there were about 4-5 persons ahead of us. We waited in the queue for about 3-4 minutes and showed our approval notices (courtesy copy) to the lady at the desk. She gave us two numbers and asked us to go out, get the Form I-89 and wait for our turn. We went outside the room at the kiosk desk and she took our finger prints (only the index finger) and signatures and gave us the form. She also asked us not to write anything on it.

The numbers they gave us showed 45 min wait time. Since no food or drinks are allowed inside, we went out and had coffee and a bagel in the cafeteria, inside the JFK building. Came back and waited for five more minutes and our numbers were called. There were a lot of people inside, but most were due to other reasons like EAD, AP, other issues, etc. At the counter, the officer took our passports, EADs, two pictures, and I-94s. She also asked me if we had any travel documents. I said we had none. She then just stamped the passports and gave it back to us. It had the temporary stamp on it, valid till Dec 2002. She said that we would surely get our green cards by then. She said this is just like when you apply for the Drivers license and they give you a temporary license to use for now, and then at a later date, the physical card arrives by mail. I got the point. Finally, I looked at my watch and it was only 8:15 and we were done.

Let me know if anyone has any questions, I would be on the board for a little while.

-- bon_bon

Thanks, Good Info.

One more thing were you any time asked about updating
your address ? because i see some in this diss. group asking about this. Or is there any place in Form I-89 to give the new address.

Congrats.

Form I-89 is for official use only

To answer your question, Yes, there is a place on the form. However, We were not allowed to fill anything on the form. Also, since we had changed our addresses before our approval by calling VSC, there was no need for us to change them again. So try to do that, if possible. Just call VSC and change your address. If you have recevied your courtesy copy, then try talking to the IIO at the Boston office before she stamps your passport. And see what she can do for you. They are very nice to talk to and looked like that they are ready to help.

--bon_bon

No Title

I was thinking courtesy copy will not do, I need to take the original copy from attorney .

I also got my passport stamped today (dec 17th)

I got to the JFK builiding very later around 1 pm due to the sleet and the snow. I got the I-89 form from the info desk and had to sign and stamp it with my index finger only. I was done by 3 pm. I had to submit the original approval notice, EAD, AP and I-94 documents.
RB

in response to "bon bon\'s " stamping experience in boston ..

Hi bon bon,
Thank you for posting your experience and congratulations.
I would like to ask if one has to get there very early in the morning.
I have to go to the cherry hill or newark office pretty soon for my interim EAD .
Please let me know as soon as possible . nerd

Don\'t know about Cherry Hill

In Boston you don\'t have to go early if you just have EAD. You can easily go around 10 AM and would probably be out by 11:00 AM. Most people go early so that they can go back to work the same day without loosing any time.

You should call the INS office in Cherry hill and see if they can provide any information in this regard.

--bon_bon