Birth/marriage certificates

FOM

Registered Users (C)
Hey everybody.

We are getting ready for an EB1-EA petition. We are straightening our records and have to get our marriage/birth certificates from home. Sorry to say this but the part of India, I come from, people cane be pretty dumb! So please help me with an accepted format for these certificates.
If anybody got the certificates from home and did not get RFE later, please respond! Thank you.

Birth certificates have been available in India since early 1970's after it became mandatory to register birth. The registrar or births and deaths usually is the person who issues a birth certificate. You might have to "expedite" the process.

If you were born before 1970 you can provide an affidavit from parents or other elder relatives who were aware of your birth. There is no specific format for affidavit, it should have personal info of the person signing it and you (name, date and place of birth, relation to you, etc.) and needs to be notarized.

Similarly marriage certs can be obtained from the city marriage registrar where you got married. Enquire for your specific situation.

Is birth certificates required? I mean isn't the birth date on passport suffecient to prove the date of birth?

alex09, unfortunately no the passport is no help! So the need for birth certificates.