Birth Certificate Question

Venu123

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My I-140 was approved and planning to file my I-485.

My Wife\'s Birth Certificate has a different name, than her passport name. We have made the change in our State Government Published Gazette in India. We have Original Copies of the Gazette, which states her old and new names.

I have the following questions :

1. While applying for I-485, do I need to furnish any other additional documentation for her name change. Is Gazette an acceptable name change document, for I-485.

2. In my case, the name in my birth certificate is "Venu". It doesnot include my father\'s name ("Gopal"). My full name includes my father\'s name, also (in my passport and everywhere else in US). In US, my full name is "Venu Gopal". Would this cause a problem, in 485 processing..

Thank you very much, for your help.

Venu.

Guys, Please HELP!!

Hi All,

You guys helped me a lot, in my I-140 when I received RFE!!

Help me out here too, I posted this question two days back and I haven\'t heard back...

I\'ve had enough trouble in GC so far. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Venu.

No Title

For your wife, you can file the Gazzette copy notarized here by a notary public. I think there is also a place where you have to specify other names, if any. Therre you should have her old name. I am not sure whether it is in 485 or the Biographic form that you give. Anyway, you can notice that when you see the forms.

For your case I think you can make an affidivit and get it signed by a notary public.

Guess, better wait for some more posts just in case.

Thanks!

Hi \'Dont Care\'

Thanks for the Info!!

If I get an affidavit from my parents in India, how do I get it notarized here in the US??

Venu.

No Title

Please make sure with your Attorney, but I dont think you need affidivit from your parents. Make an affidivit in your name and notarize it.