Birth Certificate question.. Bhanu, others pls help

vsc01_485

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I have already submitted birth certificate for I-485. But there was a spelling mistake in it. there is an additional letter in my name. Does this trigger a RFE if so is what should I do .. I have heard people talking about Affidavit from Parents. Is there any template ? Can someone share the info ..

Thanks,

No Title

vsc01_485,
Since you have submitted the birht certificate, just wait. most likely there should not be any problem just for one character difference in the name. Please read previous postings (I don\'t remember the dates) which mentioned about similar problem. I will send you the format in my next posting. Don\'t feel tense for things which are not in your control.
Thanks

No Title

Hello,

It is best to not do anything now in regards to communicating to INS. However, for backup purposes you may want to get a birth certificate from either the Indian Consulate/Embassy or from India with a relative of yours. (Certificate from your parents may be viewed as conflict of interest and hence letter from relatives is recommended). Make sure these letters are on court stamped papers duly notarized and this should also include a municipality non-availability certificate. You must act fast. First, try contacting Indian consulate to obtain corrections to the birth certificate already obtained (in your posession). INS may totally ignore this as well and hence don\'t comunicate with them yet. I sincerely hope you get approval and odds are that it will happen without an RFE (unless you have other issues).

Bhanu

No Title

Thanks Bhanu for the info. I have already provided a birth certificate from the Indian Consulate in SFO. The name in my birth Certificate from Indian Consulate is exactly the same in my passport. should I get an affidavit from my parents too.. Also my parents are here with me ..Pls Advice