Birth certificate..plz help

hello01

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was born in India and I don't have a birth certificate. I've obtained 2 affidavits from relatives. But, the concerned municipality/corporation is not issuing me a 'non-availability certificate'. Is the 'non-availability certificate', a must, while applying for a GC?

Do I have another option?

Thanks in advance,
hello01

hello01 said:
Hi Ari4u,

Thanks for ur reply.. Birth certificate was never issued to me..:(

Is the 'non-availability certificate' a MUST?

hello01

I was in similar situation. I only submitted affidavits and i got RFE asking me for the non-availability birth certificate. As per USCIS requirements, the NABC is primary evidence and the affidavits are secondary evidence. You must submit both if the birth certificate is not available.

It depends on the officer looking at your case. Some are satisfied with only the affidavits and some ask for more evidence. But why are you not able to get the NABC? If your birth was not registered, you should be able to get a NABC.

Is it compulsory to have original birth certifcate during the interview?My hubby and I cannot find our originals,we must have misplaced them at the same time cos we keep them together,we only have our copies..is this sufficient?our interview is in two weeks..thanks

I have a question regarding submitting Birth Certificate for 485. I currently have only a photocopy of it. Does it suffice or do I need the original to submit to INS? Please advise.

Why did you ask the same question million times? If someone knows the answer he/she will get back to you.

hello01 said:
Hi,

I was born in India and I don't have a birth certificate. I've obtained 2 affidavits from relatives. But, the concerned municipality/corporation is not issuing me a 'non-availability certificate'. Is the 'non-availability certificate', a must, while applying for a GC?

Do I have another option?

Hi,
Try to get "NON- AVAILABILITY CERTIFICATE" from TTK Service... though they charge some amount...its easier to get it done through them...i got by name included in my BC through them...
www.yourmaninindia.com.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I dono exactly how the forum works. If I post in one thread can everyone see it? Anyway thanks for your reply.

Basharaj said:
Why did you ask the same question million times? If someone knows the answer he/she will get back to you.

ari4u said:
To answer your question... you need to submit only copies with the application. Make sure you carry the original for the interview.

Also... PLS DONT MULTIPLE POST.