Birth Certificate - India born migrated to pakistan

samadss

Registered Users (C)
My father was born in India in 1940 and then migrated to Pakistan. I applied for his GC, and USCIS is asking for a certificate on govt letter head that no birth certificate exist. Clearly we can't go to India and get that certificate. Should we go to the Indian embassy/consulate in NYC? Any other ideas/suggestions? We have already furnished an affidavit from his maternal aunt and his school certificate that lists his correct date of birth.

Curious what happened afterward

My father was born in India in 1940 and then migrated to Pakistan. I applied for his GC, and USCIS is asking for a certificate on govt letter head that no birth certificate exist. Clearly we can't go to India and get that certificate. Should we go to the Indian embassy/consulate in NYC? Any other ideas/suggestions? We have already furnished an affidavit from his maternal aunt and his school certificate that lists his correct date of birth.

Hello samadss,

I have a similar situation where I am applying for GC for my mom who was born in India 1940 in Agra, UP and then migrated to Pakistan. She does not have her birth certificate neither her school certificate. Since a long time has passed and she also migrated when she was young we don't know anyone in India and how can this be done.

I have been reviewing many forums and website and the summary seems to be that with I-485 following need to be submitted.
1. Birth certificate or non availability of birth certificate is required from the local authority in the city of Birth
2. Two of more affidavits

People have posted many comments but I would like to know what happened, so were you able to acquire the birth certificate or NABC and how did you manage do it?