Birth Certificate for US born child and mail charges

Cool Dude

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for OCI for me, my wife and my son.
1. My son is born in USA. In application form item # 9 (Enclosure for each applicant) says 'Evidence of relationship as parent'.
Do I have to submit birth cerficate with the application? On BC it says I cannot make copy. Do I have to send original? Will they mail that back?
2. Mail charges for NY is 15$. Do I need to send 45$ for three of us or should I send only 15$ for the whole family?
Thanks

Do not send originals when applying...

Do not send originals. Make a copy even if the document says 'Not to'. Get it notarized before mailing it.
You will be fine. For mailing charges enclose money order for just $15 as NY CGI will mail back all your family passports in a single envelope.

I am applying for OCI for me, my wife and my son.
1. My son is born in USA. In application form item # 9 (Enclosure for each applicant) says 'Evidence of relationship as parent'.
Do I have to submit birth cerficate with the application? On BC it says I cannot make copy. Do I have to send original? Will they mail that back?
2. Mail charges for NY is 15$. Do I need to send 45$ for three of us or should I send only 15$ for the whole family?
Thanks

I did make a copy and took that to Notary. She refused to notarized the copy since on BC it says it cannot be copied.

Make a copy even if the document says 'Not to'. Get it notarized before mailing it