Birth Certificate for 485

Along with the affidavit, you will also need a certificate of non availability of BC from the muncipality in India where you were born. Mere affidavit does not serve the purpose.

Hello,

I am facing some issues in getting my birth certificate from India. Do I need to have the birth certificate or can I get an affidavit from my parents with the required information. Here is a sample that I found online:
http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/resources/birth_certifciate_affidavit.doc

Thanks for your help.

OGNG

easy way...
send passport and few dollors to Indian Consulate and get teh Birth Certificate within a day!!!

Getting it from India is too much work with Muncipal Corp people

Indian consulate in US issues birth cirtificate for people born in US and have opted for Indian citizenship. They do not entertain BC requests for people born in India.

You will need to get a BC from muncipality or a certificate of non availability. Quite a few of the states have streamlined process of issuing non availability of Birth certificates, which should work along with a affidavit.

Indian consulate in US issues birth cirtificate for people born in US and have opted for Indian citizenship. They do not entertain BC requests for people born in India.

You will need to get a BC from muncipality or a certificate of non availability. Quite a few of the states have streamlined process of issuing non availability of Birth certificates, which should work along with a affidavit.
Not true..
it is totally opposite..
Indian consulate do not have any control over Birth Cert of US Citizens (even if it is US born of Indian origin)

I am India born and got the Cert from Indian Consulate in one day.

simple..Indian consulate is to serve people with Indian citizenship...

for any one born in USA - US govt is there to take care of them!!!!

Edit: I don't think there is someone who is so damn fool that he/she is born in US (automatic US citizen) is going to opt for Indian citizenship!!!!