biometric question

raj_nov10

Registered Users (C)
Hi :

Last month I changed my address for 485 application and also posted AR11 form and 2 days back my wife got biometric scheduled letter forward from old address and she received the letter 1 day before the scheduled date.I called USCIS to find out if I missed the biometric letter and they told me they dont have any information in their system .

I came to know post office doesn't forward uscis mail ..but they forwarded my wife's after 1 month 12 days ..

Question is if I missed the biometric schedule ..how to get it again ?

Thanks
Raj

140/485 - AUG 2004
PD -

Here How should a person update his addr when moves,

Note: Use your service center addr, check on website, http://uscis.gov

1. File AR-11 or AR-11SR (SR country)

2. A simple letter along with all pending Case receipts to your service center notifying addr change

Address and Attorney Change Notification

The followingAddress for TSC only , Change to your Service center address
USCIS TSC
P.O. Box 850891
Mesquite, TX 75185-0891

3. After that wait atleast a week or two and call 800 to confirm that addr has been changed or not. if not then ask them to change.

usually ppl see online status msg "we responded ur request blah blah" and ppl get a simple letter from USCIS stating addr-changed to their new addr
-------------------------

I belive most ppl went fine using this procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:
raj_nov10 said:
Last month I changed my address for 485 application and also posted AR11 form and 2 days back my wife got biometric scheduled letter forward from old address and she received the letter 1 day before the scheduled date.I called USCIS to find out if I missed the biometric letter and they told me they dont have any information in their system .
I came to know post office doesn't forward uscis mail ..but they forwarded my wife's after 1 month 12 days ..
Question is if I missed the biometric schedule ..how to get it again ?

This happened to us also ... My wife used to live in the different city... and moved back recently.. before we could file AR-11 or call the UCIS for address change .. I and my kid got Biometrics notice ...We were sure that her notice would have gone to the old address. Then we panicked as we were told that USCIS letters are not forwarded.

We Called USCIS to make the address change and ask if Biometrics notice are sent out for her.. They said there is no information -- if it is sent out..
So we thought - she did not get one... so relaxed a bit..
A few days later -- the Biometrics notice showed up -- and yes it was redirected from old adress..

So I think U will get the Biometrics notice redirected .. hmm even it is past date U can still go to the ASC and do Ur Biometrics..
[U can take Biometrics as long as the barcode can go and fetch Ur data from the central system]

Good luck.

Thanks for information ...

I got my biometric code 2 letter last friday which is 2 days after scheduled date ..I went on saturday to ASC and gave finger print ,photo and signature ..they seems not concerned about the schedule date ...LUD changed today but message is same old " Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence .."

Meanwhile I seen lot of posts about FBI name check ..At what stage in GC this will happen ?

Thanks
Raj