Best News ever for GC applicants

Ziglar\'s testimony

Thanks for posting Ziglar\'s testimony -- however why would TSCchange
its AVM to say that I485 cases would take 650-720 days? :(=

my understanding is that TSC is 20 months, other 3 centers are 7 months. so, average is 12 months

it is unfair!!!!!

Processing in Texas service centers

Zilger testimony if true, means good for all of us.

1. 75,000 485\'s per month means atleast 10,000 cases approved in texas per month.
   This matches with the pending number in the past three months. Reduced approx 68,000 from 43,000 in three months.

2. My guess is some IIO\'s are assigned to \'99 and early 2000 cases.
some rest of the cases. This is why we
see approvals all over the place.

infinity

People are confusing AOS with I-485. AOS case means any kind of

adjustment such as pending i-94, F1-H1, H4-h1 ... According to INS Commissioner testimony they are approving 75,000 cases per month, not I-485 cases. If that is the case, you will see flood of I-485 approvals.

Incorrect...

It is \'Adjustment of STATUS\'...AOS is different from COS which you may be referring to.

AOS may not only be EB but family based as well...but in my opinion, it does not include COS

gurus...correct me if I am wrong...

Whatever OS it is, if they approve 75,000 cases per month, why they

are taking months and years for clearing 43,000 applications in TSC? Suppose 75,000 cases approved in one month by all 4 service centers, then all the cases (43,000) in TSC will be cleared in less than 3 months("IF" TSC approves 15,000 per month, we all knew how fast they are approving), I think we are all missing some thing here.

Now is the proper time to bring out TSC\'s incompetence to zigler.

I think this is the proper time to bring to zigler\'s
attention about TSC\'s incompetency, though he says
they are approving 75,000 cases per month, TSC staff and work is
directly contradicting his statement.
If we bring the fact that TSC staff is totally incompetent in
processing adjustement of status cases, and have huge backlogs,
change messages from \'taking 250-356days to process the case \' to
\'taking 365-769 days to process\' at their will, it proves how
inefficient they are. If whoever that is overseeing INS work gets to
know this, INS is in trouble, in light of the recent INS embarassment.

Some points to help clarify this

COS is not the same as AOS. AOS is strictly for someone in the US changing from a non-permanent resident to permanent resident status.

COS applies changing from being in the US non-immigrant visa to another non-immigrant status.

Also, when referring to the INS it does not mean that there are only 4 centers processing all applications. There are a lot of local offices that process Adjustment of Status cases. Therefore the 75k AOS cases being processed per month may not be totally off.

Adjustment of Status cases not only apply to EB based petitions but also Asylum, Family Base and the infamous DV Lottery cases filed. The people that visit these boards are mainly EB based folks and even then not every EB based filer posts here. So, just because you don\'t see approvals here does not mean they are not happening.

Last point is, this was congressional testimony under oath that Ziglar gave. As much as we dislike INS and have had IIOs \'lie\' to us on the phone, Ziglar would not lie about numbers to Congress because if he did he would go to jail.

According to testimoney it will take one month. Read the

last page of the testimony (link was provided some where in the thread)