Best immigration lawyer?

gc791188

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I wish to avail AC21 portability now. My RD is Nov 14th. I am looking out for a possibility of using my existing lawyer.

If that does not work out, which lawyer would you recommend? I am willing to spend big bucks on the case, if that is what it takes to get the work done.

Basically, my company wants me to sign a non-compete agreement now, which, If I sign, will prevent me from doing business with many clients. I simply can't sign it now. The only way out is to let them lay me off, join another company and get going. I have everything worked out as far as the new job offer is concerned.

Thanks for your help!

Hi GC791188,

You probably want to rephase the question for searching the most efficient Lawyer...

I used to hire one of the best in Boston, paid big big $$$$$s, and my case moves as a snail. When I need him, he was giving semilars to green lawyers in FL. Finally, I manage to force my Inc to fire him and hire another one out of Town. The later one can focus on my case, and suddenly, pig flies.

My point is that the best ones are usually the busiest ones in town and do not even have time to take care of your little case. That is true, our case is actually straight forward, you can hire any lawyer around but make sure he response your calls promply.

Thanks a lot for information

RD_Oct3, thanks a lot for the suggestion!

sam99, I will definitely approach Abdul Narayan D'souza if needed. Thanks for the information.

Yesterday, I talked to my existing lawyer and he is willing to represent me independently. Right now, I don't see any problem. However, when push comes to shove, I may have to face some hostility from my company.

I also learnt during the research that if your existing lawyer does not cooperate, he can be forced to, by your new lawyer. This is a very important information for those who are in similar situation.