beneficary approved before primary

fallenw

Registered Users (C)
I am the primary applicant on a I-485 application for me, my wife and son (May 2002 rd/nd).
My wife (a beneficairy or derivative)got the email notification from the USCIC website that her I-485 was approved on 24 August 2004, me and my son have had no notifications yet.
She has not had the paper notification yet from VSC.
Now both me and my wife got our 2nd fingerprint notices at the end of july and our appointment is next week, my wife called the 1-800 number and asked if she should still take the fingerprints and was told she should take the fingerprints again unless she has the paper approval from VSC before then.
My wife then went on to explain that the primary applicant (me) has had no approval yet, the rep said that she should not have got her approval before me (or that we should all have been approved at the same time) and I now have to submit a letter to VSC to explain what has happened.

Has anybody went throught the same situation or does anybody have any better ideas what I should do i.e. fax numbers for VSC or contact senator ?

My son has received his card on Sept 7th, while my husband and me are still waiting for approval. Cases submitted Nov. 2002.

I had same experience too, i.e., derivative case got approval notice first and primary got approval notice later. In my case, it was 10 days later that the primary got the approval notice.