Being harrased ,donno what to do,Pls help

HelpIndianGirl

hi
am an indian girl who fell in love against family wishes and married a US Citizen , who happens to be my colleague. i have no one now. my husband , harrasses me ,has mariuana ,beats me , ill treats me. we got married in Dec 2003. and i applies for green card ,the conditions can be removed in april 2006. we have all my bank accounts and house under both our name. am scared of loosing them as well. i cannot go bk to india ,because of social stigma attached to it. what shall i do now. shall i wait for the GC ,which is becoming impossible as day by day passes.
or Look for H1 or F1,Can some body help me to stay . i request my husband co-operate . am also scared as i donno who to approach in these matters. PLEASE HELP URGENTLY?

HelpIndianGirl said:
hi
am an indian girl who fell in love against family wishes and married a US Citizen , who happens to be my colleague. i have no one now. my husband , harrasses me ,has mariuana ,beats me , ill treats me. we got married in Dec 2003. and i applies for green card ,the conditions can be removed in april 2006. we have all my bank accounts and house under both our name. am scared of loosing them as well. i cannot go bk to india ,because of social stigma attached to it. what shall i do now. shall i wait for the GC ,which is becoming impossible as day by day passes.
or Look for H1 or F1,Can some body help me to stay . i request my husband co-operate . am also scared as i donno who to approach in these matters. PLEASE HELP URGENTLY?

Sorry to hear about your state. You said that your conditions can be removed in April 2006, so i assume you already have a conditional green card. If that is the case, then here is some information for you from the USCIS website.

If you are no longer married to your spouse, or if you have been battered or abused by your spouse, you can apply to waive the joint filing requirement. In such cases, you may apply to remove the conditions on your permanent residence any time after you become a conditional resident, but before you are removed from the country.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Do not give up hope. Try to talk it out with a family counsellor and see if that helps your marriage from breaking apart. As a last resort, talk to an immigration lawyer to see if you could get help on this issue.

Get help now

I don't know where you're living, so call the National Domestic Violence Hotline IMMEDIATELY at 800-799-7233. They can direct you to local women's shelters and legal assistance.

You not only need legal and immigration help, you need to be safe.

jonlouisville said:
I don't know where you're living, so call the National Domestic Violence Hotline IMMEDIATELY at 800-799-7233. They can direct you to local women's shelters and legal assistance.

You not only need legal and immigration help, you need to be safe.

--- Also talk to your family about your situation. i bet they will understand your situation and help you.