BCIS predicts that processing time will not move until October 2003!

plymouth

Registered Users (C)
http://www.fbcl-visa.com/data/newsletter/2003-06-NL.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adjustment of Status (I-485) Cases: Processing Delays

At a recent meeting with the California Service Center (CSC), the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) made it known that the processing of adjustment of status cases (I-485 applications) is delayed. The delay is caused by background security checks and a recent discovery by the BCIS that some cases that were filed prior to November 16, 2001, have not been adjudicated. CSC is now going back and reviewing those cases first. CSC needs to complete adjudicating those cases before they can move forward in the queue. BCIS predicts that the processing time will not move until October 2003.

As processing times for I-485 applications have been severely delayed, please contact our office if you have concerns regarding the validity dates of your nonimmigrant visa status, employment authorization, or travel document.

:( :( :mad:

Well actually this makes sense, so they are saying that till Oct 2003, they are going to approve wac01 folks .. well y'know good for them.

After oct. comes christmas season, so wac02 folks should expect approvals in 2004.

Originally posted by Silly Man
Well actually this makes sense, so they are saying that till Oct 2003, they are going to approve wac01 folks .. well y'know good for them.

After oct. comes christmas season, so wac02 folks should expect approvals in 2004.

Actually, it does not make sense. Since they are approving, even now, 2002 cases.

If they had been focusing on cases prior to Nov. 16, 2001, and processing them in order, we should have seen some moves in JIT already... Sigh...

JAurora
WAC-02-073

Over the weekend i came to know about the case of my friend who 485 was april 2002 nd and he got approved .... So i think this is not true....they are approving cases though slowly and randomly.....

Factors to delay the process.
Unemployment rate is 6.4%, huge Federal deficit, BCIS incompetence, FBI security check, American's general feeling towards tightening the immigration into US.

Factors to speed up the process
Election year, economy is gradually turning the corner.

I repeat that once Bush is up for re-election, we may see a spike, but remember some candidate will use the immigration issue to win votes. As long as they do not modify the laws, we in the long queue are fine.

Hopefully, Nov/Dec cases will be adjudicated by mid next year.

screw them ...these assholes always find ways not to work. I do't care now as long as they give me EAD and APs i am happy.

Originally posted by ghost-rider
screw them ...these assholes always find ways not to work. I do't care now as long as they give me EAD and APs i am happy.

I do care about my GC and it matters to me. But can't do anything. So, I will have to accept EADs and APs.

.. recent discovery by the BCIS that some cases that were filed prior to November 16, 2001, have not been adjudicated.

Now I have more faith on BCIS's research and discoveries. One day they are going to discover that they issued a RFE to George W Bush for his EAD renewal.