BCIS call

hashem_l

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
To the people they know about my whole story, RTD and Green Card, I called today The BCIS because I am waiting 6 month for my RTD, so a guy came to phone I dont know where he was from but it was so hard to understand what he said, he asked me where I was from I said From Iran and he keep saying he dosn't understand what I'm saying, so I had to give him my whole address and stuff to send Nebraska that I want to know what is going on with my case, first of all I was really worried that he got something wrong I mean with the address or so, and than he keept saying he dosn't understand what I am saying, and I got mad and I said transfer me to a Immigration Information Officer, and he just told me go to hell and hang up, I am so mad about it, I which I knew what his name was, but the bigest thing I am worried is that he screw up all the cases that are processing, well not much worried about RTD but about the green card, I mean he does have acces to do whatever he wants right? The other thing my whole Family got the green card but the it is intresting that on the green card date is the date we arrived, I mean thats a good thing right?

Hashem,

I have been reading regarding progress of your RTD application. I do share the same frustration of incosistency & incompetency exhibited by formerly INS and now BCIS. Emotions do get best of us sometimes and that is understandable but we should be careful on how we approach things.

I hope that you don't get upset but there is a significant difference between WANT and NEED. If there is a genuine need to travel as some users have shared as mother being sick and other simmilar reasons then It is valid to strive so hard and try to make it happen. In the cases where we would LIKE somethings to happen, if they do happen good but if they are not working then maybe its for the best and not worry too much. Maybe in other words what I am thinking out loud here is that we should pick our battles wisely.

One other point I do want to bring across is that no matter what any idealogy says, Facts are:

Asylee status is a favor granted to us by a third country and the
Key word is "FAVOR"
I don't know if it is our RIGHT to be granted asylum
Asylum is granted as a favor to people in dire needs and that are running away from their countries of birth for various reasons
Yes I do agree that current system of converting asylees to permanent residents is not as prompt as we want it to be...
Yes I do agree that INS/BCIS staff does display incompetence....
but maybe that staff has some isssues for e.g. work overload etc
Coming back to my point if we do realize that US has granted us a favor by providing this status and even though the system is not as perfect as we want it to be, it does allow us basic needs as work, general protection available to its citizens and live and move around freely in the country.

We as asylees did not feel that all of these were available to us in our home countries....We obviously had challenges with personal security and freedom....Which is granted to us here.
As far as internationl travel goes ....that is NOT considered as a basic right for anyone. Even a born citizen in US has to make an effort to obtain a Passport prior to international travel. Other's like us are required to obtain a RTD.

NOW treatment of US to its citizens is different from asylees in the promptness how those both requests are addressed.

Untill we obtain the Permanent resident status and then the citizenship we have to work through the system that is in PLACE. We can do grass root efforts to change the laws formulating the system but until that happens we STILL have to work with the same system. Loosing patience is NOT an option because of the potential setbacks we can suffer....

We asylees need to realize that we have to work with the system that is in place till it is changed. We should be courteous and careful in presenting our issues. We should emphasize in educating and enlighting the concerned staff with our specific issues. If a social security staff member handles maybe 2 cases of asylees social security number in the whole year then obviously we need to educate them for our benefit. Getting upset or frustrated will only results in inconvineance for us the asylees, not the staff who does not know.

We always have to remember that all of our situations are very unique and to think general public cares or know about plights is a naive assumption. (BCIS/INS employees are also part of general public)

Note: I am just presenting my personal opinion. I am sure my friends may have differing views and I respect those opinions.

Thanks for writing, but what you are trying to say is that because we only are refugees, we dont have the right to travel only emergency travel, I dont believe in that no matter what we are we should have the right to travel, ok now so I paid $110 heard nothing from INS or BCIS or whatever it is, now because I am a refugee just sit back and do nothing, what I am saying is that the Reciept they send me said 210 days at most is 7 month, ok and there is a rule they have to write you why they denied your case, and the guy I talked on the phone did not have the right to threat me like that, but I mean it is ok what you think about that but I dont really think I just should sit back and because I am a refugee say its ok I be citizen in 2 years than I travel, Now the thing is thats ok if my case is denied but at least with a notice, thanks for sharing your opinions, today I was thinking why cant I even Travel I mean I cant even get my nationalpassport, just why I mean that sucks really bad.