basic I 130 filing question

orthodoxparadox

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I'm currently filling out my applications, for change of status.
I'll try and give as much details as possible, as simply as possible.

I'm from the UK
My wife is a US citizen
We're currently in the USA
I'm on a Visa Waiver (I94W) which runs until End of December
I'm married almost 6 months.
After much thought, I’d like to change my status, and make the US my permanent home.

Questions:

Do I now fill out and submit just the initial I 130 (alien relative petition) form, with the G325A (biographic) form? or do I submit the I485 (adjust status) and I864 (affidavit of support) as well?

If I have to submit everything now, does that include the medical part of the form as well?
Or have I just got it all wrong, and I don’t submit the I485 until I have a date with the USCIS, (because the medical results aren’t valid for more than a year)
Also, If I want to travel this winter, can I just include I 131 (advanced parole) in the whole application?

I’d really appreciate any help I can get on this, I figure I know what I am doing, then I think I’m doing it all wrong..

orthodoxparadox said:
Hi

I'm currently filling out my applications, for change of status.
I'll try and give as much details as possible, as simply as possible.

I'm from the UK
My wife is a US citizen
We're currently in the USA
I'm on a Visa Waiver (I94W) which runs until End of December
I'm married almost 6 months.
After much thought, I’d like to change my status, and make the US my permanent home.

Questions:

Do I now fill out and submit just the initial I 130 (alien relative petition) form, with the G325A (biographic) form? or do I submit the I485 (adjust status) and I864 (affidavit of support) as well?
You are eligible to submit all forms (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) as one package as you are the spouse of a USC.

If I have to submit everything now, does that include the medical part of the form as well?
YES
Or have I just got it all wrong, and I don’t submit the I485 until I have a date with the USCIS, (because the medical results aren’t valid for more than a year)
Also, If I want to travel this winter, can I just include I 131 (advanced parole) in the whole application?
YES

I’d really appreciate any help I can get on this, I figure I know what I am doing, then I think I’m doing it all wrong..
What you really need to do at this point is to search this forum and get as much information as possible. Much and very much has been discussed regarding this.

sumbitting it in stages

Hi,
Thank you very much for your help.
Even though I can submit it all together, is there any sense, and, I am allowed to just submit the I 130 and I 131 and G325A now.
And when I receive the confirmation, for that, to submit the I485.
This is, because I havent filled my I485 out yet, and it will take time to put together tax returns, medicals, etc....

Thanks so much for your time

orthodoxparadox said:
Hi,
Thank you very much for your help.
Even though I can submit it all together, is there any sense, and, I am allowed to just submit the I 130 and I 131 and G325A now.
And when I receive the confirmation, for that, to submit the I485.
This is, because I havent filled my I485 out yet, and it will take time to put together tax returns, medicals, etc....

Thanks so much for your time

Unfortunately, the process doesnt work that way.
You submit I-485 based on the I-130
You submit I-765 and I-131 based on your I-485.
If you submit I-131 without the I-485, it would be returned back to you as you are not eligible.