• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Bank Account

tade256

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Lorelei and Igmu wrote in a different thread that it might be sufficient to simply print out the balance from the internet banking as long as it contains the name.

Here's what I found regarding bank accounts:

Bank Deposits—Applicants relying on bank deposits to meet the
public charge requirements should present as evidence a letter
signed by a senior officer of the bank over the officer's title,
showing:
(a) The date the account was opened;
(b) The number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during
the last 12 months;
(c) The present balance. This information may prevent
U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 - Visas
9 FAM 40.41 Notes Page 14 of 37
attempted abuse such as an initial deposit of a substantial
sum of money being made within a relatively short time prior
to the immigrant visa application; and
(d) How the money, if in a foreign bank in foreign currency, is to
be transferred to the United States.

Please let me know your thoughts about this, have you succeeded with bank statements printed yourselves?

------------------
CN: EU000018xxx
Interview date: April 2.

I suppose this is one of the many things where it just depends on where you do CP. In Switzerland and Germany it is not a problem to just use your printout. I printed out a list that showed all the transactions to and from my account. They only looked at the amount currently on the account.

Thanks Igmu! It's just a bit surprising for me because it's quite easy to tweak the numbers before printing.

I'll go to my bank tomorrow and try to get an official copy. I went paperless with Bank of America more than a year ago to save a tree or two so I don't have monthly mailed statements. If it won't work out with the bank I'll print them and offer the interviewer to log in to my online banking and see it for himself :)

It definitely is a funny area!

LOL good luck with getting *any* Australian bank to provide anything like that LOL They struggle to even provide statements anymore! hheheheh :)

In all the Australian CP experiences, statements seem to have been sufficient. Luckily my 12 month worth of statements there to show my regular deposits etc. It is just the past month that there will be no statement for and for this I will get the bank to print the balance on their letter head with my name etc.

Very good information though just in case. Especially for those that may be just scraping by with the amount they have saved. :)