Bad News From "home Land Security"

bx2002

Registered Users (C)
I went to the local INS for a I-485 interview yesterday 11/20. The officer told me just on yesterday at 5:00pm they was told not to approve anything until further notice because the approval of "home land security". So I drove 6 hour there just to get the bad news. Can anyone dig out more information about this and even have the approval process started again?

bx2002

Which local INS did you go?

Did they take the interview or did they postpone it???

Can u you give more updates on this

Thanks in advace!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is scary...

I hope that it is the situation specific to that particular INS office.

But without a doubt, this new Homeland Security Bill will make immigration to this country a very tough nut to crack...

I think, it is re started after one days's halt.

I think, I was stoped yesterday and they have re-started issueing EAD/AP from local service center. I was stoped on 20-Nov and re started again on 21.

Read the story on www.immigration-law.com.

what they are doing practically I don't know. But lot of news are coming and we all cought up in this Home land Security thing.

Thanks
MS186

I went to the local INS office in Jacksonville, Florida! They said they just got that notice on 11/19 5:00pm.

Just spoke to my lawyer, He said there is a software glitch in FBI finger prints and is going to take atleast 2 days to fix it, hence some of the local offices have stopped the process.He also says it just so happend that the Home land security bill added more confusion.He says Detroit center was not impacted!

bx2002
were you interviewed or postponed??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
They said I don't need to come for an interview. They will give me a notice whenever they can make the decision. I said my EAD will expire in March next year. He said I will hear the result by then. I appreciate his positive information. Hopefully he is right. But I have to be ready for a tough time.:confused: