BAD NEWS for all....Priority dates to retrogress for EB3 and EB2 in oct.

My lawyer just said after talks with Philly association and DOS that priority dates for Eb2 will retrogress as much as 2 yrs to Sep\'01 and that of Eb3 to retrogess upto Aug\'99. Its expected to retrogress by start of next fiscal year i.e Oct\'02. If cases in 485 stage are not approved by then they would be put on hold. Bad news indeed.

No Title

Then why VSC process Aug/01 now? by that time, they already done sep 01 cases. Make no senses.

No Title

Once you applied 485 then if dates retrogress it does not matter...
in case of CP if the file reach consulate then you will be safe....

The system works like this:
  When you apply 485, they request your A# from DOS.
In case of CP, when your file reaches them consulate requests your A# from the DOS.
  Once A# is alloted to you, then that\'s it....
So, no need to panic.....

thanks,
raju

Wrong buddy

Even if your PD is JUST ONE DAY ahead of the retrogressed dates for your category, your 485 application will be put on hold until you have a available immigrant number. The number they request at the time of filing has nothing to do with the approval. On the approval day, the officer has to verify the available immigrant visa for your application otherwise it goes into waiting mode. That is the fact, I\'m not going into any arguments.

The original poster posted a fake news. CSC approve some

Sep\'01 cases. VSC processing Aug\'01 cases. What the hell he is talking???

No Title

I seriously doubted this information, at least we need to wait and see. DOS is the only source to decide PD, and in the past, DOS did ocasionally make PD predictions. Some later proves to be true, some not. However, DOS never reveal its prediction to any individual. I have not see any announcement from orgnization such as AILA. Anthor thing is, at the begining of fiscal year, more visa quota become available and means PD possibly would advance instead of regress.
Another thing, for those of you believe PD regresion will not affact those people already in AOS or CP process, this is NOT TURE. INS or Consular\'s office will stop processing any PR application once your PD regressed and resume until your PD become current.
For now, let\'s relax.

don\'t believe this moron. link to his old posts...

ShantanuB "DATES for EB3(India) to retrogess.!!!!!!!!!!!!" 3/14/02 4:31pm
ShantanuB "Movement of cases from Texas to Vermont, Nebraska to delay processing!!!" 3/12/02 5:57pm

He is really an a**hole

Whatever happens happens. Nobody can do anything except to wait . Good luck.

All of you don\'t bother about this kind of news. Let INS declare whatever. Just concentrate on approvals and believe in them. These things are out of our hands.

Please don\'t post any more messages for this posting.

I don\'t think you can beleive the numbers he gave

Reason is simple and extremely practical.......VSC has started approving Aug\'01 cases irrespective of EB2 or EB3. So I don\'t see how EB# number will retrogress to Sep\'99...can anybody oout there explain this to me

Thanks

Jaic...He is talking about PD (and not the I485 filing date which is much later than corresponding P

I think that this is all rumor. But there is no scientific way of arriving at the cut-off dates because no-two cases progresses with the same timeline after filing LC(PD). Some cases get to I-485 very quickly(sometimes even

No Title

Doesn\'t make sense. By Oct, 02 most of the cases will be approved ... atleat till August 01. That means all people with PDs in 2000 would have got approved. Then why would the dates go back to 99. Even if they go back, they will go back only till end of 2000 or beginning of 2001.

Had the EB3 dates gone back before VSC (and CSC) started July cases, it would have made difference to lot of people as many cases would have been put on hold.

Priority date Clarification for those who are confused

Priority dates refer to not when 485 is filed but when the Labor was first filed. SO yes if dates retrogess it affects a lot of people