bad exp in newark ins

aln

Registered Users (C)
howdy all,

i have been posting for help regarding newark, ins.

I had been there on friday 7th for 485 stamping. After waiting in that snow and cold for long, managed to get inside..

After a couple of hours of standing on the ground floor waiting room and later upstairs on the 2nd floor, a semingly kind lady sent me and wife to the 10th floor.

After about 3-4 hrs of waiting there, after filling up the forms and giving finger prints the lady says that the newark, NJ center is for serving people with NJ residency and that they cant stamp my passport because I am not a resident of NJ..

Despite telling them that the Vermont service center had advised me to go to newark center.

The lady said that they are also INS and that they cant do that. She asked me to go to CA and get stamped..

Not only was the day wasted but, the time spent in waiting for hours in the snow and all that was wasted..

i have to do that again in CA on monday!...

So any out of towners be careful if u want to get stamped in Newark. I have heard from several other people that the place is a mess...with dumbish and unconsiderate people...

I feel sorry for you ..Good luck on Monday to get stamped at CA ..
This pain will be long forgotten then ..
Best Wishes and thanks for sharing your bitter experience