Backlog Reduction

sreddy227

Registered Users (C)
:rolleyes:

hope this tunrs into some approvals at NSC

08/05/2004: Transfer of Immediate Relative Petitions (I-130) from NSC and TSC to California Service Center

AILA has reported that the CSC has been taking over the Immediate Relative Petitions processing from Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center. It is hoped that the move alleviates current backlog in processing of these cases in the jurisdiction of NSC and TSC. Immediate Relative Petitions are filed by a U.S. citizen parent for a minor child or a U.S. citizen spouse for an alien spouse or U.S. citizen son/daughter for the parent. When the beneficiary immediate relatives are present in the U.S. and eligible for adjustment of status, such I-130 petitions are filed with the National Benefit Center through the local district offices. The immediate relative I-130 petition is filed at the CSC or NSC or TSC or VSC when the alien immediate relative is outside of the U.S. or even if he/she is present in the U.S., the alien beneficiary is ineligible for adjustment of status through the USCIS. In such cases, they need to obtain I-130 petition approval first through the Service Centers and seek an immigrant visa at the visa posts outside of the U.S. or through the immigration courts in the removal proceedings. These people will receive in the mail notices from the CSC even if they filed with the NSC or TSC.

source http://www.immigration-law.com