Background check pending..

demashkieh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We had our interview yesterday 8/30 in Washington DC. The officer said he is approving the application but background check is still pending, and there is nothing we can do except wait. Today I received an email saying I-130 has been approved.
My question is: The officer did not take my I94, AP, nor EAD. We kept all the papers. My understanding is that we have to turn them in at some point. Does that mean, after my namecheck clears and I get the welcome letter, I need to drop off these papers somewhere? and if so, where?Thanks for your help.

demashkieh said:
Hi,
We had our interview yesterday 8/30 in Washington DC. The officer said he is approving the application but background check is still pending, and there is nothing we can do except wait. Today I received an email saying I-130 has been approved.
My question is: The officer did not take my I94, AP, nor EAD. We kept all the papers. My understanding is that we have to turn them in at some point. Does that mean, after my namecheck clears and I get the welcome letter, I need to drop off these papers somewhere? and if so, where?Thanks for your help.

Nah, you'll just keep them. I kept my I-94 and EAD. No one ever asked for them back.... :)