Back In With AP...

suresha

Registered Users (C)
Just got back from India on Wednesday. Was sent into secondary inspection. Had to wait for 1 hr as they were low on resources. Afer he picked our file it was a 5 min affair. Me and my wife were finger printed and stamped on our AP. Is this unsual. I thought only people from designated countries were supposed to be FP'ed.

I am leaving the country on Wednesday. Just a question.
WHen you return do you go thru the Non Immigrants line or US Citizen/Permanent Residents line in the immigration hall?

Thank you

I THINK YOU FAILED A RANDOM AUDIT.

Hi, I think your profile failed a random audit. Although all persons from the list of 6 or so terrorist states are required to be fingerprinted on arrival, they have the power to subject just about anyone to an audit. I guess you just got lucky!! I was curious that you chose the permanent resident line to come in. Aren't we all technically still not nonimmigrants as long as our GC's are pending?

Came back with AP too

I was also sent to Secondary Inspection, at Atlanta airport. I was fingerprinted and photographed.
I am from India. Also I know my friend who is from India too, and he and his wife had to go for Secondary Inspection.

U can stand in any line

Whatever line u stand they will take u to a room where INS people are there. U have to wait for a while there depending on the rush. Then they will just put a stamp on the passport(I 94) and Advance Parole document.

FOr who are not done FP for 485, if they face random audit and are FPed at Port of entry they are lucky. SO when the 485 application is reviewed as FP is already with INS they will get approved if no RFE exists. FOr others they will send an FP notice

FP taken against A#

Since certain applicants who are using Advance Parole only are FPed it will be linked with their A#. Once linked with A# and FP is done with no problems the guy is safe and will be treated as FP done

I got my Advanced Parole letter from my lawyer in March 2002. The letter has 3 pages: One with photo, the other two have no photo. The paper is just plain copy paper without INS head. I just found my friend has different Advanced Parole letter with INS head, torch symbol. He got it in June. I will travel this Friday. Can anybody tell me what your Advanced Parole letter look like? Have you used Advanced Parole letter similar to mine to travel before?

Thank you very much!

Leeya.

That's strange

I think you should check with your attorney once more and also check with other friends. My AP is only one page with photo stamped at the bottom.

Format changed

Last year my friend has 2 copies for AP.. This year they might have changed the format (Reducing paper wastage I guess :D ). I reeived one page in INS letter head with photo at bottom