B2 visa for my parent from China

Jhon Li

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Sorry for a sideline.
I want to invite my parents to US. My parents live in Mainland China. They visited US 2 year ago, staying here for 1 year. They are in the age of mid 50s.
I am wondering what is the procedure of applying visa from US embassy in Beijing. What I have to pay attention?
Because they visited US before, is it possible for them to avoid a face-to-face talk in Beijing because they live far from Bejing.
Any experience or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jhon

I guess they have to be there in person due to the update of policy. You should also post your question on B2 board and expect more feed backs.

Jhon Li said:
Hi,
Sorry for a sideline.
I want to invite my parents to US. My parents live in Mainland China. They visited US 2 year ago, staying here for 1 year. They are in the age of mid 50s.
I am wondering what is the procedure of applying visa from US embassy in Beijing. What I have to pay attention?
Because they visited US before, is it possible for them to avoid a face-to-face talk in Beijing because they live far from Bejing.
Any experience or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jhon

I am also preparing the document for my parents. They're planning to aplly visa in US embassy in Beijing too. As far as I know, if they renew their B-2 visa within 12 month of the expiration day, they won't have to go to interview. One more thing you have to prepare to answer, why they over stayed (1 year) even you have INS's extension approval.

I have one question myself, I have valid H-1B status till early 06, in the mean time I am waiting my I-485 approval (ND 7/29/03). Should I hide my immigration status, just let the visa officer know my H-1B status, or it really doesn't matter?
Any suggestion will be really appreciated.

Hi qq

I just recently called my parents.
I do not remember in the form it had asked my immigration status but if it has been asked I answeres truthfully.
I have earlier for my own visa stamping stated that I had filed for immigration and did not get any problem.
I think you do not have to worry about telling that you have filed for immigration
I do not yet know anyone who was rejected second or third visa because of this reason(first time sometimes is rejected).
also go to B2 board for more info.
Paresh

Don't hide any of your status. They can easily find out.

qqlabor said:
I am also preparing the document for my parents. They're planning to aplly visa in US embassy in Beijing too. As far as I know, if they renew their B-2 visa within 12 month of the expiration day, they won't have to go to interview. One more thing you have to prepare to answer, why they over stayed (1 year) even you have INS's extension approval.

I have one question myself, I have valid H-1B status till early 06, in the mean time I am waiting my I-485 approval (ND 7/29/03). Should I hide my immigration status, just let the visa officer know my H-1B status, or it really doesn't matter?
Any suggestion will be really appreciated.