B2 extension for parents

Chennai2

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friend:

Please post your experience. How long it is taking nowadays to process the extension application ?

I applied for my mom's extension for six months in second week of May. When I should expect the response ?

Please post your experience.

Thanks

Do we need the confirmed ticket(for my mom-in-law) to file the extension.

Thanks,
WRD

Re extension

My parents got only 3 months visa. I"m planning to extend their visa for six months. They have a valid ticket until Nov. For extension nov tickets would work or i need to submit extended tickets.

Thanks for your info

Long wait ...

I filed visa extension for my parents in early April and haven't heard from BCIS yet. The receipt said it will take 30-165 days to process this type of case.

From immigration.com, they are now processing 11/2002 cases. Who knows when the end will be.

what papers needed for parents B2 visa

Hi Guys

Can somebody let me know what are the papers you need to send it to your parents so that they can get visitor visa.

thanks in advance.

cheers

Any issue while departing

Hello Friends:

Let us assume that if our parents don't receive any response for the application before they depart.

Is there any issues at airport while departing ? Just give them the expired I-94 and probably receipt notice for the application filed for extension.

Please post recent experience

Upon returning

Hi I applied for my mom's extension in March and have not heard since.

When you apply, you have to send the original I94 to BCIS with all the relevant documents. Your receipt notice confirms your legal stay here until the BCIS makes a decision.

At port of departure you have to show them the receipt notice and you should be fine.

This is the information I received.