B1B2 visa questions for ex green card holder

b1b2visa2022

Hello,

Have some specific questions regarding visit visa for my mother who had a green card but went home and has mot returned for almost 6 years. Wondering if anyone had a situation like this before.

OK, so I am a US citizen and filed for my mother’s permanent residence and my mother received her green card back in 2015. She stayed here is US till Feb 2017 and then left. She has not returned since because she was more comfortable back home. But last year she decided she wanted to visit me and we filed for a visit visa for her. She has her interview at the embassy in November. I am sure since it has been so long since she went out of US, her green card would be considered automatically abandoned even though she did not file a abandonment form with the embassy. Also, we explained this in her B1/B2 visa app that she had the GC but did not stay in US and now just wants to visit for a few months.

So my question is. should there be any issue for her at the interview to get her B1/B2 visa approved because she abandoned her green card a few years ago? Also, she would have her previous documents with her when she appears for the interview if needed. So has anyone gone through or know of a similar situation?

Thank you!