B1/B2 tourist visa

rgoud

Registered Users (C)
Hi list,
My mother is on a visiting visa and her I 94 will expire today, she had flight yesterday to India but she was not allowed to travel because her passport was expired last May, we didn't not notice this.

Mt question is this:
My mother have 10 year visiting visa and as per I 94 she is only permitted until Aug 8th. Is it possible to extend her I 94 for few weeks so that I can take care of her passport and re-schedule her flight. I am worried if she over stays for few weeks then next time INS may not let her in US again. She had travelled to US few times, this is her 4th visit to US.

Please give me your suggestions and also wheter this can be taken care of today through online.

Thanks in advance
Raj

rgoud said:
Hi list,
My mother is on a visiting visa and her I 94 will expire today, she had flight yesterday to India but she was not allowed to travel because her passport was expired last May, we didn't not notice this.

Mt question is this:
My mother have 10 year visiting visa and as per I 94 she is only permitted until Aug 8th. Is it possible to extend her I 94 for few weeks so that I can take care of her passport and re-schedule her flight. I am worried if she over stays for few weeks then next time INS may not let her in US again. She had travelled to US few times, this is her 4th visit to US.

Please give me your suggestions and also wheter this can be taken care of today through online.

Thanks in advance
Raj

There is no grace period for B visas. If you are just a day or two late and you have a good reason for it, then she should be OK. go the counculate of your country and see if they can extend her passport right away, seems like since she is already pass the date on I-94 you will not be able to extend it, since she is already out of status...

Last edited by a moderator:
Question :
Years ago, I was told ( I did not confirm the facts ) that Airline checks on passports and visas were kept to a certain validity period , specially if you flew down from India ( Delta , BA , Luft ) :confused:

Passport Validity - Min 1 year :confused:

Dont know if this is true ,but it would help if someone can confirm .
DO Immigration officers at POE check for passport expir dates ?

You could site this reason ( for passport extention ) get a parol or B2 - I-94 extention .
Schedule an Infopass with your local DO and take care of the situation .
Overstaying could lead to 3/5/10 year bar from entering the US .