B1/B2 to F1 approved. Question on Stamping

B1 to F1

Registered Users (C)
I came to USA 6/1/06 on visitor B1 Visa for my brother's marriage. Since I was 21 at that time, I only got visa for 6 months. I applied to local university for MBA program and received the I-20. I applied for change of status to F1 via I539 and received approval after 6 months in 3/07. I have been going to school since then as it is a quater system.

I did not want to go back and apply for F1 as my brother is already here and is green card and thought would not be able to visa.

Now my brother and I are planning to go to India this december and I have serious doubts on my F1 visa stamping.

1 - Should I aviod going to India as I might get rejected.

2. Has anyone been through this and got approved.

Please advice.

My family is rich and have mutiple businesses. I can show plenty of money and all. But I do want to come back to USA and stay here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some expert please give some advise. I want to book my tickets for India as the price is less now ...

Why dont you go to mexico and get stamping done. If u need more information send me private message.

mukeshinmd
rahasiam.com

Is going to Mexico or Canada has better chance to get visa stammped than India.

I have new F1 status approval from B1. Can anyone advise if there will be any issues in getting Visa Stammped.

Please advise.

Hi, I am here on B1/B2 visa, I entered US on 29th Jan 2007. After coming here, I applied for Ph.D. in social work and got admitted. I have applied for the change of status to F-1 now. But several people told me that since I did not declare 'intent of further education' at the time of entry, my application can be rejected. I'm unsure about if I should wait for the answer here, or should leave and try getting it stamped in India.

I think the original poster did not declare intent of education either, and he/she got the approval.

I'd appreciate a quick reply, since my I-94 expires on 28th.

Thanks.

K1 to F1

Why dont you go to mexico and get stamping done. If u need more information send me private message.

mukeshinmd
rahasiam.com

Hi,
I am almost in the same situation. I am on a K1 - Fiance visa , but wont be getting married. So I cant convert it into a conditional green card.
Now I want to convert / adjust it into a Student visa while staying here in the US.
Can I get the visa stamped in the US, or do I have to get it stamped in Canada / Mexico
Please help

As far as I am aware if you want the new visa stamped in your passport after change of status from BI/2 TO F1 you will have to go to a consulate or embasy out of the USA.

Urgent help b1b2 to f1

I came to USA 6/1/06 on visitor B1 Visa for my brother's marriage. Since I was 21 at that time, I only got visa for 6 months. I applied to local university for MBA program and received the I-20. I applied for change of status to F1 via I539 and received approval after 6 months in 3/07. I have been going to school since then as it is a quater system.

I did not want to go back and apply for F1 as my brother is already here and is green card and thought would not be able to visa.

Now my brother and I are planning to go to India this december and I have serious doubts on my F1 visa stamping.

1 - Should I aviod going to India as I might get rejected.

2. Has anyone been through this and got approved.

Please advice.

My family is rich and have mutiple businesses. I can show plenty of money and all. But I do want to come back to USA and stay here.

Hi
I was just curious to know if you went to get your f1 visa stamped.did you go to india or can/mex I am in similar situation as per my attorney he said its hard to get visa stamped in can/mex pls reply back need to know if you were successful in getting your visa stamp.